Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BSG - Bill Simmons discussions

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: BSG - Bill Simmons discussions

The latest podcast
    Complete with talk about urinals, port-o-potties, and women mastering the art of "hovering", special guest Jacqueline Purdy!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Twitter sportsguy33

# Yankee Stadium is so quiet that you can actually HEAR Derek Jeter losing his bat speed.
    1 minute ago from web

# Yankee Stadium is like flying a red-eye flight first class: Just as quiet, just as expensive
    4 minutes ago from web

# Yankee Stadium - finally, a ballpark for Marlee Matlin.
    9 minutes ago from web

# Yankee Stadium is quieter than the climactic scene in "Copland."
    11 minutes ago from web

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Latest podcast is good. All TV talk: season finale of LOST, The Duel, and Survivor talk.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    I think this is a good thing for the Clips. Almost positive. Can you screw up the No. 1 pick? You can't right? I'm out... thanks as always.about 20 hours ago from web
    Yes the Clippers can **** this up. Whats worse being picked #1 by the Clippers or being on the Madden cover?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

SportsNation Bill Simmons: Sorry Al - I've given up on your T-Wolves after they lied publicly about how many people emailed them about my GM candidacy. I don't want to work for liars. . I'm switching my focus to the Clippers and a Dunleavy coup d'etat.

Just become commish.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Q: Did your Clippers just win the draft lottery or did Blake Griffin lose it?
    --Chris, Brooklyn

SG: Both

Q: Does God hate Blake Griffin?
    --Bill, Danville

SG: Possibly.

Q: As a Longhorn fan, I was rooting for the Clippers to get the No. 1 pick just so I could see them destroy Oklahoma's Blake Griffin. What a franchise!
    --Ray, Austin

SG: Yup.

Q: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    --Blake Griffin's Knee Ligaments, Oklahoma

SG: (Shaking my head.)

Q: Now that the Clips have secured the No. 1 pick and proclaimed their intentions, we have been arguing about which one of us will go first. I, Left ACL, think it will be me because I'm his dominant leg, but Right ACL thinks it will be him because Blake jumps off him more than he does me. Blake's Will to Live walked by and overheard our argument. He said he and Blake's All-Star Potential had been lamenting the fact that they're both screwed as well. I guess we're all in pretty bad shape. Come to think of it, I haven't seen Blake's Work Ethic all day, though I heard he was trying to look up a phone number for Josh Childress' 'Fro. Something about dollar-to-Euro exchange rates.
    -- Blake Griffin's Left ACL, Oklahoma

SG: You know what's really frightening? At least 15 readers thought of the "Blake Griffin is so screwed by going to the Clippers that I'm going to send Simmons a fake e-mail from Griffin's knees" idea independently of one another. Ladies and gentlemen, your Los Angeles Clippers!!!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

LOL @ that section of his chat.

That was priceless but most likely true.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

About to listen to the latest podcast with Mark Cuban. I hope BSG asks him why Cuban acted like such a douche towards Kenyon Martin's mother. And on the day before Mother's Day, on top of that.

The Cuban podcast was pretty solid. I like Mark Cuban, smart guy.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Take two: Tony Montana had more help in the last scene of "Scarface" than LeBron did tonight. We are all witnesses.
    9:09 PM May 28th from web

ROFL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

When "Twilight" sweeps your annual Movie Awards show, it's a good sign that you're doing something horribly wrong.
    about 9 hours ago from web

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The latest podcast with JackO is especially great when the two discuss how Rance Mulliniks (of Sportsnet Blue Jays baseball broadcasts fame) was in the booth replacing Jerry Remy on the NESN Red Sox games this past weekend. BSG and JackO really trashed Mulliniks. Great times.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

BSG: Explain to me this. How does Hedo Turkoglu go through two straight playoff series, 13 games in all, without anybody exposing him for being one of the top 5 worst defenders in basketball?

Ric Bucher: ...

BSG: How does that happen. Have we all failed as a society when nobody's just saying on a playground, people point to Hedo Turkoglu and go, 'Clear out! Hedo's on me!'

Ric Bucher:

BSG: In a playoff series, he's just allowed to run around and nobody exploits him. I don't get it.

Ric Bucher: I wouldn't say that he's that bad.

BSG: He's terrible! He couldn't guard you!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

BSG is butt-hurt that he torched the Celts.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Q. When is Jack Nicholson gonna die already? The guy is a freak of nature. He's been partying since the late '60s, for god's sake. That's 40 years and counting! I want to be the No. 1 Celebrity Lakers Fan, and I want to be the last guy shown on the JumboTron when they show all the celebs in the crowd. I won't even take any acting jobs from November to June if it comes to that. This is crazy. I've been waiting my turn this entire decade. I even made a basketball movie with Ray Allen. What basketball movie has Jack made? He shot some buckets in "Cuckoo's Nest" with a mute Indian dude? Big deal. By the time I take over, I'm going to be too freaking old. This sucks.
    -- Denzel W., Los Angeles

SG: And then there's this: If Jack holds on for another few years, Denzel might lose a little relevance and get passed by Leo DiCaprio. You know what this reminds me of, actually? Prince Charles getting screwed with the whole Queen Elizabeth/Prince William thing. By the time she goes, it would just make more sense for William to take over. I personally think Jack is indestructible. I was rereading one of the old "SNL" books and it's easy to forget this now, but Jack was one of John Belushi's favorite people to party with in the '70s. John Belushi! He died in 1982! When Jack goes, I think it's going to be like the Secretariat autopsy: They're going to cut him open and find out his heart was three times the size of the average human heart.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast