Thread: Robert Rodriguez set to reboot Predator

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Movies Robert Rodriguez set to reboot Predator

Another 80s action staple is on track to be rebooted. IESB is reporting that director Robert Rodriguez
    has announced plans to reboot the Arnold Schwarzenegger action film, Predator.

The director made the announcement at his Troublemaker Studios, where Texas politicians signed a reform bill to the state's film incentive program. Here's what the director said at the press conference.

"I'm going to be able to shoot my upcoming Machete here, a sci-fi action film called Nervewrackers, a re-boot of the Predator series called Predators, and a couple of smaller movies called Sin City 2 and The Jetsons."

The site also confirmed that Rodriguez was indeed directing and producing the Predator remake, and it will be his own take on the original concept.
    Robert Rodriguez to Reboot Predator!

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: Robert Rodriguez set to reboot Predator

dude, how can you reboot the original? that was one of the classics!!!

I aint got TIME to bleed!
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I've been a fan of Rodriguez for a long time (I watched El Marachi when I was like 8 or 9) but I agree here. Predator was badass and its just too soon to reboot it (if they must.) Everytime a reboot like this happens, I get worried that Hollywood is closing in on rebooting something like Blade Runner, hell, they think someone else can play Snake Plissken so I suppose anything it possible.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

i actually love rodriguez too. El Mariachi freakin rules, though I like Desperado even more. (i watched desperado first before getting around to El Mariachi right after college.

predator the original should never be messed with. hell, they really should have never made the first sequel since that kinda sucked.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I too like Desperado more too, but El Marachi was pretty incredible on multiple levels when I first watched it (especially since it started my love for independent and small release films.)

Predator shouldn't be touched. They can't top it.