Andrew W.K. is a rock star, but he's just landed an even cooler gig -- that is, if you ask a 10-year-old boy.

The musician will host Cartoon Network's "Destroy Build Destroy," a reality competition demolition show in which two teams basically blow stuff up.

(Oh, and if you're wondering, that's the actual publicity photo the network released for the announcement. Apropos, no?)

"I've never seen a television show like this one, and I get to be in the center of it all as host, coach, cheerleader and ring-leader," says Andrew W.K. "'Destroy Build Destroy' incorporates imagination, competition and teamwork for a truly ground-breaking TV show. This is as good as it gets for a performer like me."

Well said, Andrew.

The premise stays true to the descriptive title: Professionals guide two teams of hyper kids to use explosives, wrecking balls and other ingenious demolition devices to destroy something. For some reason, they have to rebuild it and then destroy it again. It's uncertain exactly how a winning team is determined, but really, with this premise, aren't they all winners?

"Destroy Build Destroy" was one of the many upcoming live-action shows on the so-called Cartoon Network that were announced at its upfront presentation earlier this month.
Now if there happens to be one kid of each race, messages to only destroy recyclable products (to take back to your local recycling depot), and a message of how we should share.... that is the only way I can see this getting derailed. What little boy doesn't love knocking stuff down for a.) the thrill of doing it and b.) the chance to make it even better because the old one s-u-c-k-e-d. And Andrew WK as the host? Perfect.