Thread: McFarlane Sports

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Random McFarlane Sports

I know we are all kids at heart, so this is a simple thing that we can all get in on without seeming to nerdy. Plus sports are cool and manly so that makes up for the fact that you are buying an action figure.

Anyone have a collection? Fav's, randoms, something of the comedic factor?

I always wanted to start a nice little collection, so today I finally dropped some money on a Joe Mauer MLB 21. There was a Ray Emery one in his Ottawa Senators jersey, but there was a bunch of them, so I'll get one later.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: McFarlane Sports

I've gotten a few over time with my brother. We've gotten a good collection of our favorites from the NHL. We have about ten or so, but I don't know where all of them are. Here are a few though:

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I only have the Cooperstown A's (Reggie Jackson variant A's uniform / regular is Yankees uniform) and Chavez (variant home jersey / regular is green alternate jersey).

left to right: Chavez, Eckersley, Fingers, Hunter, and Jackson.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails McFarlane Sports-img_0362-jpg   McFarlane Sports-img_0366-jpg  

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Cool collection Prov. I like the way you got them lined them up.

MLB ERA

thanks, it's the only space that I could display them all right now lol. I bought my dad the 2nd Larry Bird one. He likes the Celtics (obviously).

MLB ERA

They announced series 8 of the Cooperstown collection. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Curt Schilling the first one in the series that isn't in the Hall of Fame? WTF.

SPAWN.COM >> NEWS >> COOPERSTOWN 8 LINEUP UNVEILED

McFarlane's SportsPicks is proud to present our eighth series of legendary baseball players, as fans young and old get ready to behold the pride and glory that could only be the Cooperstown Collection. The 2011 series features seven Hall of Fame members and one superstar who will not be eligible for inclusion until 2012. It's the SportsPicks debuts for Bay Area legends Rickey Henderson and Willie McCovey, while popular stars Carlton Fisk and Lou Gehrig receive new poses. Nolan Ryan returns to our lineup as a New York Mets rookie, while Curt Schilling joins our Cooperstown series with 216 career wins and one clean sock. Catfish Hunter and Ozzie Smith are available in new uniforms as Collector Level-only figures, sure to be sought after by their fans and our dedicated collectors as well.
    Nolan Ryan (Mets)
    Curt Schilling (Red Sox)
    Willie McCovey (Giants)
    Carlton Fisk (White Sox / Red Sox)
    Rickey Henderson (A's / Yankees)
    Lou Gehrig (Yankees)
    Catfish Hunter (Yankees)
    Ozzie Smith (Cardinals)

There are no pictures yet. I guess that Catfish Hunter is different than the one I already have (they released him as both A's and Yankees back then). I find it funny how almost all of his accomplishments listed in his bio are from when he was with the A's, but yet they're releasing him as a Yankee. I've already got my A's one anyway. I'll be all over that Rickey Henderson in his A's uniform.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Steinbrenner sure enjoyed poaching Oakland A's star players back in the day, haha.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Jumping the gun on Schilling are they?

Series 9 Cooperstown Collection, featuring Alex Rodriguez and John Smoltz!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.