Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How did you find Strike3Forums?

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: How did you find Strike3Forums?

I was first a member of BBF, but that place was too big and so confusing to navigate so then I joined another site by referral (WPF) and was then banned from that site (don't ask) and then I found my way here by referral again.

MLB ERA

I used to post in a general forum and no one talked about sports there that much, so I decided to google baseball, football, and basketball forums and found this site. I have really enjoyed, but too bad I dont get to post as much as I used to.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Pretty much!

I remember kinda, but I'm sure I got the dates wrong and whatnot... everything happened, just probably completely different time periods. I don't have any grasp for time whatsoever-- the last 10 years feel like 2.

I was in S3SL at its incarnation (not many people even remember this I'm sure, and I don't even know who was in S3SL during the beginning besides guys like Hammer, mission, Dave.. saber?) as the Devil Rays.... I was co-GM with BrianDawkins (who knows what his sn was back then... maybe "tim"?) for about 3 or 4 days, as I remember mission let us sign up as a tandem. We *****ed and argued over which moves to make for the team... and I remember just flat out quitting. He ran the team for awhile, and I'd always hear about how it was going and it just pissed me off... I remember he traded Delmon Young, and two other top DRays spects at the time. Ben Zobrist might have been one, I dunno, but 3 really good prospects at the time for the league.. and in return he got Jeff Weaver & Nick Johnson, and maybe someone else from Hammer.

I'm pretty sure Dawkins quit the next season... or saw something shiny and just plain lost focus. Either way, he never resurfaced in the league... and then in 2010 or 2011 I took over Oakland at hammer's recommendation. I had them on the cusp of really competing for the first time I think by about 2013 or 2014, and that's when the other forum (MLBforum?) died. S3SL's offseason had also just ended, and it had been at a standstill until the season was to begin... I lost track of a lot of people on the way over here or to that temp. board or wherever and my team lineup was never filled out. Which prompted this:

1. First, I’d force Oakland to call up about 6-7 players that should be on their major league roster. This includes the 10 million dollar man Jason Pridie, as well as my former pitchers Jose Valverde and Scott Tyler. This team’s only 4 under in a moderately weak division, and 9 back from 1st place. They’d make it interesting if I could assemble their roster.

Thanks Zito. I'm pretty sure I did resurface that season, after getting the word on where everyone went from Hammer... but time was lost and my Oakland team missed the playoffs, atleast that season.
    Ha. I run the league and I totally forgot about this. It seems like so long ago to think about BD being in the league as well as a league where neither you or realmofo were not in it.

I do kind of miss people trying the dual GM positions though (waruv/fishercat tried it with someone else too.)

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

kevincredible!
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Yeah, good times. I wish I would have just gotten my own team from the get-go, because I would have probably never quit then in the first place. :P

Not that Oakland is in bad shape now, I made them over nicely I feel... but when I first took them over... from A'sBabyGurl maybe? Ouch. Johan Santana went 1-18 the previous yr and was signed to an extension shortly thereafter.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    kevincredible!
    Yup, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Yeah, good times. I wish I would have just gotten my own team from the get-go, because I would have probably never quit then in the first place. :P

Not that Oakland is in bad shape now, I made them over nicely I feel... but when I first took them over... from A'sBabyGurl maybe? Ouch. Johan Santana went 1-18 the previous yr and was signed to an extension shortly thereafter.
    ABG did have the team for the entire run before you took them over. They were not in the best shape when you got them either.

MLB ERA

Women.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

AAA ERA

Totally. She **** blocked me on Barry Zito every time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123