Thread: A Simple Request

MLB ERA

Attention A Simple Request

Hey guys. I am participating in a Relay for Life event up here at Syracuse University. For those of you that don't know, Relay for Life is:

Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature activity. It offers everyone in a community an opportunity to participate in the fight against cancer. Teams of people camp out at a local high school, park, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Relays are an overnight event, up to 24 hours in length.

Relay For Life is a life-changing event that brings together more than 3.5 million people to:

* Celebrate the lives of those who have battled cancer. The strength of survivors inspires others to continue to fight.
    * Remember loved ones lost to the disease. At Relay, people who have walked alongside people battling cancer can grieve and find healing.
    * Fight Back. We Relay because we have been touched by cancer and desperately want to put an end to the disease.

So, my team has spent time trying to raise money for the American Cancer Society. What I ask of you guys is that over the next 2 days, before the event on Saturday night, you guys consider donating to my team. Every dollar does count, and you never know what dollar could cure cancer. So please, visit the website below, and if you have a couple dollars, please donate to this wonderful cause. I appreciate it.

Website for Donation: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/ljmilman

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: A Simple Request

I'll try to send in a few dollars tomorrow lj, great cause.

Good luck with raising as much as you can for the relay.

MLB ERA

Thanks Mission, I really appreciate it. Thanks for the good wishes. MY team alone has already raised over $1,500, and the University is nearing the $100,000 mark. It's a great event, and I can't wait to see the final totals, because this event is going to have raised a LOT for the Cancer Society, which is a great reward in itself.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

In for $5 man. I'd donate more if I could but that's what I can spare for now.

The donation was made in honor of "Matt Che Stairs and Strike3Forums.com."

MLB ERA

Hey dude, if I can donate over paypal, I'll donate a buck or two. I really don't have much, but I appreciate the cause and know how hard it can be to get people to donate for stuff like this.

It's funny, but I actually have to have a testicular exam (don't laugh please) because of a lump that's developed and not yet gone away. I really doubt it's something serious, but you never know. Just the thought of having something like that is horrible, so I can only imagine what people who have it go through.

Good luck with the fundraiser pal.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Thanks Nick, I really appreciate it. The event was yesterday, but you should still be able to donate through that link. Check it out, and if you can spare a few bucks, it's greatly appreciated.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

How did it go lj?