Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
from all the games I've heard Hudler do, he was terrible. he comes across as a huge fanboy/homer. back in the day when I had MLB.tv the games were always announced by the home team's guys (not sure if they still do that). Every time the A's played at the Angels I was forced to listen to that schmuck. Finally, I'd just put it on mute. He didn't know the names of guys on the other team, never gave them credit for anything, and was just a cheerleader saying stupid shit.

Prime example: The A's were losing and Chavez hit a 2-run homer to give the A's the 3 - 2 lead. He says "Oh, he just got lucky there!" No...how about he did what he's supposed to do as a hitter? Your pitcher made a mistake and he crushed it. How is that luck?

I know they're supposed to "root" for their team and such, but it just seems beyond that to me. The Indians and White Sox guys around that same time (2004-2006?) were just as bad IMHO. I'm not a Red Sox fan as you know, but I'd rather listen to those guys than Rex Hudler.
oh god yes! The nats commentators, i think MASNare big fanboys. in a brewers nats game, if a nats player would take a ball he would always say "ohhh and there's a good take! showing great plate discapline there" and the ball would be in the friggin dirt! and then zimmerman hits a home run and they spent 10 ****ing minutes showing a replay of that HR and over analyzing it. "ohhhh what a great swing there, he looks very focused at the plate staring him down and he puts a great swing on this ball, very smooth!!" etc... and then jenkins hits a wakoff 2 run home run and all they had to say was "y'know, dosen't jenkins look like brett favre" they don't even aknowledge the fact that he just hit a walkoff HR