Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOST Season 5 Discussion [Spoilers]

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

TV LOST Season 5 Discussion [Spoilers]

Alright, well no spoilers to begin with as I am just curious to hear what everyone thought of it overall. I've read some mixed reactions, surprised at some of the backlash it took considering what I perceived to be the episode's quality. I felt like it was a setup episode, something to establish where season 5 is going and how we might get there. I don't know if the haters thought no new questions would arise and only answers would be found, but I, the people I watched it with and anyone I've talked to enjoyed it a lot.

By the way, we just upgraded our DVR to the high-def DVR and I was able to watch LOST for the first time in hi-def which was great.

(Remember to use spoilers if talking specifically about the episode.)

MLB ERA

Re: LOST Season 5 Premier Discussion [Spoilers]

Two really good episodes I thought, but I am kind of obsessed with the show. I'm biased. The final scene of the second episode near gave me chills.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

In every LOST finale I got chills at some point so I understand what you mean man. LOST has so many.... uh, iconic moments that I really can't enjoy other shows the same way. Like Ben turning the frozen donkey wheel or Locke looking down in the hatch, those are moments in a show that I just don't think I'll forget where as a show like Heroes, even if I enjoy it, doesn't have that same hold on me.

Tonight's episode LOST Season 5 Discussion [Spoilers]with Charles Widmore.... in nineteen-fifty-freaking-four was LOST world view changing. This season is going to be awesome.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

LOST Season 5 Discussion [Spoilers]Jin, alive, with a young Danielle Rousseau... holy ****! ..I have not been this into Lost since season 2.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: LOST Season 5 Discussion [Spoilers]

Ok, screw it. This topic will be all about spoilers, forget the tags as it is definitely stifling discussion.

I went to the UD Xavier game on Wednesday so I watched LOST tonight and I am still digesting an amazing episode (need to hit up LOSTpedia soon.) But has anyone been watching these LOST Untangled clips? They are pretty condescending at times but can have moments of hilarity, namely when they do the "WE HAVE TO GO BACK KATE! WE HAVE TO GO BAAAAAACCCCCKKKK!!!!!!"

This season has been fantastic so far. I really like how they are traveling through time. Everything is becoming crazier than it already is and everyone seems to be related to everyone!

MLB ERA

This show is on a freaking roll. I'm pumped to see what happens next. Tonight, we learn how to get back to the island.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And we're back to the island!
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Ok, screw it. This topic will be all about spoilers, forget the tags as it is definitely stifling discussion.

I went to the UD Xavier game on Wednesday so I watched LOST tonight and I am still digesting an amazing episode (need to hit up LOSTpedia soon.) But has anyone been watching these LOST Untangled clips? They are pretty condescending at times but can have moments of hilarity, namely when they do the "WE HAVE TO GO BACK KATE! WE HAVE TO GO BAAAAAACCCCCKKKK!!!!!!"

YouTube - Dude, We are Lost! Untangled 5x05

I don't watch Life on Mars, so I end up missing those. Do they provide anything of use or additional info?
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Not really. They don't even show the whole clips during Life On Mars as it probably would take away too many advertising dollars. If you did miss an episode though or maybe watched one while pretty tired, the clips would get you up to speed with what you missed in a sort of Cliff Notes version (you get the big points but miss the details.)

And I agree bwitty. I think LOST is the only show that can go into time traveling concepts in it's 5th season and not get a huge steady dropoff of viewers. I mean there are talks of physics, time travel, hydrogen bombs and the average LOST fan still loves it, which most shows just couldn't pull off.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I can't wait for next week's Locke-centric episode. The promo for it was just epic plus he is my favorite character.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And it delivered. Its amazing, Heroes was such a clunker of an episode this week, one where I kept looking to see how much was left as it really was just missing on about every mark and LOST as always flies right by. It really is a testament to the writers of LOST that they can take it in such far out concept areas as they have this year and still retain the audience. Season 5 is shaping up to be one of the best yet.

Oh and those last 10 minutes were fantastic television.

MLB ERA

They are moving fast! They have to. I thought that maybe there would be an island reunion by the end of the season, and they are already getting that out of the way! Such a great show.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I know. I was really looking forward to this year, the drama with Locke/Bentham and the Oceanic Six. But I was a little worried it would be dragged out to long. LOST instead will get these mysteries over with and build to something even greater.

MLB ERA

There is another episode on tonight. I keep preparing myself for a let down this season, but so far it hasn't happened. Jack/Kate/Sawyer? I hope they don't try to re-ignite the love triangle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast