Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chuck (NBC) Picked Up for a 3rd Season

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Thumbs Up Chuck (NBC) Picked Up for a 3rd Season

It's a half-season order, so NBC may or may not pick up the back nine episodes. Plus it is coming at a reduced cost, like many shows are, but the news is still good for all of us Chuck fans.

I was hoping Chuck would get picked up and was optimistic, I however was surprised that Better Off Ted (ABC) got picked up.

I hope they move Chuck to Wednesday's 8 PM. Or if the ratings expectations would be lowered for it, I would be ok with Friday night too, again as long as NBC didn't have unreasonable expectations.

Good news though.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Chuck (NBC) Picked Up for a 3rd Season

Thank god they are keeping Chuck for a 3rd season. They do need to move it to a different day (Thurdsay, Wednesday, hell even freaking Sunday).
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

OMG Mission you just made my day!!!

Leno is killing all of these pretty good shows from getting full air-time The fact that it was going up against House, CBS comedy hour, and Dancing with the Stars and actually held its own shows its a good show.

I'd love a move to Wednesday, Thursday... I'd avoid Friday cause CBS Numb3rs is kinda similar so I'd try to avoid that. In my view, Monday and Tuesday TV is really strong while Wed. and Thursday are weak
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I don't think a move to Thursday will happen since NBC seems to want to keep its comedy night block. Wednesday might work though, in fact its probably ideal, as there is a lot of heavy shows that night, like crime shows, and Chuck would be a welcomed break for a lot of viewers looking for something fun and entertaining. Friday could work too as the fanbase for Chuck is enthusiastic, but that is assuming that NBC realizes that Chuck on Friday would not get the ratings Chuck on Monday gets.

Glad to see some other Chuck fans here though. Jeffster has not sung their final song quite yet.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

There's really nothing for Leno to kill since NBC has fallen hard. They're barely able to keep what scripted shows they have as is.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I really wish NBC kept Life instead of Southland. Nothing against Southland (I haven't seen it) but it's ratings have fallen hard and Life was so good, having two of the best season finales, it really told a compelling tale.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Life was a damn good show too. Southland is not as good.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah, Life was great. Damian Lewis is such a good actor, that is the only positive that he'll might get some bigger roles (in film) as Life was popular with the critics and such.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What was Life's catch? That he used to be in prison?

I never really watched it, I know they bounced it around the schedule (which is typically never a good sign for any show).

NBC is going to be banking on reality, talk shows, and Law&Order. Their comedy block is not that strong anymore, Southland won't be a longterm replacement for ER, and Monday has been a dead zone for them at 10pm
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

In a nutshell, here is the premise: He was wrongfully sent away for a murder (of a family.) Many of his friends and family, including his wife, turned their back on him. Once he was released and found innocent, he received a huge settlement for his wrongful imprisoning after suing LA and the LAPD. He returned the outside world with a new found Zen philosophy that helped him get through 12 years of prison and a obsession to find the true murder(s) and those behind the conspiracy to frame him.

Life had a great cast, with great character development, and effectively mixed in humor at appropriate times as Charlie Crews (the main character) was a quirky guy with his Zen philosophy and fondness for fresh fruit (that he couldn't get while in prison.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Life was like a serious version of Chuck IMO. I wished they were back to back for a change of pace.

But how can you not watch Chuck because of her.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah, she definitely is not hard on the eyes.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mondays are just not good for most shows, cause they're competing against CBS and FOX who usually have stronger lineups, and football for half a season. CBS has a weak lineup on Fridays, they should see if Chuck does better ratings wise on that day.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

True, plus Chuck has a fanbase that should follow it no matter what night. One of the problems Chuck has had has been competing with Big Bang Theory for viewers, as Chuck lost viewers to that program during the strike.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Chuck on Fridays would be a good idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast