Thread: Baseball team deemed "too good"; kicked from league

MLB ERA

Baseball team deemed "too good"; kicked from league

MLB ERA
    Man, that's just silly.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Wow...that is like someone telling you you're too good for this job because your credentials are overwhelming.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
    Wow...that is like someone telling you you're too good for this job because your credentials are overwhelming.
    but that actually does happen!

prime example is in teaching. If you have a masters degree, then the district contractually (because teaching is unionized) have to pay you more money than say someone with just a bachelors...what ends up happening a lot of times is the district will hire the person with a bachelors because at the time it is cheaper for them

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    but that actually does happen!

prime example is in teaching. If you have a masters degree, then the district contractually (because teaching is unionized) have to pay you more money than say someone with just a bachelors...what ends up happening a lot of times is the district will hire the person with a bachelors because at the time it is cheaper for them
    I've never had a job before so I don't know what its like to be REJECTED. </Marv Albert>

They could trade some players. Not too sure about those park district in that city, but in Chicago, they tend to trade players to other teams when a team's too good. In fact, my borther and some of his teammates were traded to another teams.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

On my team about 5 years ago there was a kid who threw fast as hell and for the first few games nobody could hit him. In the middle of the season the league wanted to move him up because he was too good. The player's dad said if it went through that he would press charges and it just ended there. After awhile they figured out how to hit him and we lost the championship that year.

Strange thing is, after that season, he wasn't that good anymore...

He was on steroids I tell ya.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic