Thread: is there anyone out there with pretty bad ocd?

MLB ERA

Random is there anyone out there with pretty bad ocd?

i was out with some friends last night and we started talking about shit we do on a daily basis. i went through my shit and i started realizing that i'm pretty bad obsessive complulsive.

just some stuff:

i've gotta have the same stuff in my pockets in the same pockets otherwise i can't leave the house:
    LF:guitar pick, gum, adderal
    RF:earphones, 2.50 in change (has to be 2.50)
    LR:wallet, box cutter
    RR:beanie
    cell phone pocket:cigarettes and lighter.
    i've got my iphone on a belt holster on my left and my keys locked on the right side.

then after leaving the house i triple check to make sure i have everything. this also includes any action i do, locking the house, locking my car, etc. i count off everything i check then at the end i say okay. every time.

i also count my steps, one two one two, and i cannot step on a crack. i have to step in the middle of the block otherwise it is not symetrical.

my keys on my key ring have to be in biggest to smallest, all facing with the teeth to the left.

i can not get out of bed, or leave anywhere without the time being divisible by five. on extreme cases i can subsitute divisible by two.

at grocery stores if an aisle is not conditioned i have to condition it. or if it is partially conditioned but like one can is missing i must fix it. work habbit that has turned into OCD. i'm not allowed to go grocery shopping anymore.

on my computer i have to have the same order of applications open: aim, then aim windows, then firefox, then photoshop, then steam. any program in between that must be opened must be in alphabetical order.

same goes for my SMS inbox on my iphone, must be in alphabetical order.

in the GF's car she has a six disc cd changer, and all six discs must be of the same genre. i can't have rap mixed with rock.

my dvd case is ordered by genres. luckily soon i'll have enough dvds to have a case for each genre.

listing them out like this kinda makes me seem like monk, but i'm seriously not that bad as he is. i mean i'll have mini panic attacks if i can't satisfy my itch, but i'm not going to cry either. its just every day things that i have to have in a certain order to complete my day.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: is there anyone out there with pretty bad ocd?

Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild View Post
    i also count my steps, one two one two, and i cannot step on a crack. i have to step in the middle of the block otherwise it is not symetrical.

Have you been to a psychiatrist?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

God forbid if he ever ran a sim league.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Box cutter? Are you planning on having a rumble?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post

Like Jack Nicholson in that chick-flick

MLB ERA

My biggest OCD is that everytime I casually go online I have to first check facebook, S3F, TNFLF, and FBJ.

Once that's done, I can **** around.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post

ok i shoulda clearified in my head not outloud.

and i carry a box cutter because i'm a grocery manager at kroger overnight. i stock 500+ cases a night plus other stuff lol.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

OMG you sound EXACTLY like my roomie. She does the whole counting steps thing and can't do certain activities if the time isn't right (like that whole divisible by five thing, only her's is three). And then anytime she goes shopping she always taks it upon herself to reorganize the clothes that have been dumped on the floor, as well as put back the tried-on clothes in the dressing room. And then all her clothes/shoes/accessories/stuff is organized by color, style, and brand. She's a strange girl.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

arent like 40% of people some kind of OCD? well, at least have some kind of obsession that they almost always do? its human nature.

me, its checking my watch/having a watch on me. I feel like i'm buck naked in times square if i dont have one on me.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by hot_corner_gurl View Post
    OMG you sound EXACTLY like my roomie. She does the whole counting steps thing and can't do certain activities if the time isn't right (like that whole divisible by five thing, only her's is three). And then anytime she goes shopping she always taks it upon herself to reorganize the clothes that have been dumped on the floor, as well as put back the tried-on clothes in the dressing room. And then all her clothes/shoes/accessories/stuff is organized by color, style, and brand. She's a strange girl.
    my gf does that, with the clothes thing. except most of her wardrobe is all back because thats all she can wear to school (paul mitchell). but all her dresses n shiz, yeah. i don't have a closet, i just have a discount bin i stole for work as a hamper/clean clothes pile. lol.

also i can't do threes. three is prime and it follows an odd even odd pattern. even numbers are always divisible by more than one number (besides two, and i'm taling basic numbers here, 2, 4, 6). but five doesn't bother me. lol. god i'm ****ing horrible.

seriously guys? theres no one else out there that has random quirks that they have to do to get them through their day?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Not for me. I try to wash my hands at every opportunity that I get, if that even counts, but that's about it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

ghettochild's favorite movie is The Aviator.