Thread: HD TV Help

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Question HD TV Help

I just got a new 32" HD TV (Sony Bravia) for a slightly early birthday gift. It can hook up to my stereo, but it sounded terrible. A dude at WorstBuy told me it was because I was using the AV cables. Then why do the DVD player, record player, and all of my video game systems sound perfectly clear using the AV hookups? I don't get it.

As soon as you hookup there is an instant low-medium feedback/humming noise. Then it just sounds like crap when you have a show on. The stereo is new, but it doesn't have an optical input...only a CD optical output. What can I do if anything and why is there that feedback?

Also, I'm getting slightly less channels over the air than before (10 now with just an antenna and I was getting 14 with my digital converter before on my standard TV). I bought an indoor, amplified antenna...but it got less channels so I returned it. I imagine I need a better one or possibly an outdoor one, correct? And I'm sure the non-stop rain we've had the last 3 days hasn't helped. Getting cable isn't an option right now.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: HD TV Help

I think I'm going to get an extra coaxial cable to be able to move the antenna closer to the window. I'm still not sure what the issue is when I try to hook it up to my stereo though.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: HD TV Help

Wish I could help you man. The only thing I can think of is that your AV cable is somehow messed up. I am sure you tried the stereo connection in other ports, correct? Made sure you were on the correct seeting from your stereo? Correct television channels?

I am sure you messed with all those, but just in case this is the extent of my knowledge with this stuff. Very limited...

Wish I could help more bro.