Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nhl 09

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Nhl 09

Dude, it is so addicting. And man, the new physics based hitting system is SO satisfying when you just totally flatten the opposition.

The refinements are what makes this game great and really makes last year's (which I loved) unplayable after seeing how much it has been improved.

MLB ERA

no kidding, the hitting is so much better I love crushing a player hard into the boards (I have injured some players like McCabe and Tucker , man those felt real good) and no more random hip checks that injuries your star player, still get the dumb interference hit (after a long pass that prevent a breakaway) once in a while but still better than 08

scoring goals is easy in BAP but setting goals is harder with the A.I. especially when they go on breakaways, most of the time they just keep the puck and not shoot.

p.s. after the season I injured McCabe, Detroit signed him to replace Lidstrom
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

My brother and I have a dynasty we're playing through as the Avalanche (his team), with position lock on for me at center with Thornton and for my brother as leftwing with Forsberg. Our whole game is two way domination with that line, it is so fun. What is really great too is the new editing system, we've had several huge hits with one coming from one side and the other from the other and it is simply awesome.

MLB ERA

I rented the game via gamefly, so it's essentially mine as long as I'd like. I absolutely love it from the few times I've gotten to play it, especially after playing 2K's hockey game last year (which wasn't bad, but didn't have lasting value). It's been awhile since I played EA's version of a hockey sim. Also picked up NBA2k9 but I haven't gotten into it yet. And I agree mission, this game is pretty much the best hockey game since NHL 94... hands down. I still own 94 for SNES and there was a time not too long ago where I'd play it daily with my brother. I thought it was so cool too that this game lets you switch to 94 controls, for people like my dad who can't understand the new controls. lol

All I've had time to check out so far is the online team play on Xbox Live with my buddy. We've done 6 vs 6 and 3 vs 3, and then some regular matches versus eachother. I love being defensemen during online team play and just wrecking havok.

Would you guys suggest I try the "Be a Pro" mode before starting a franchise? I'm not a huge hockey fan in the sense that I don't follow it as close as baseball or basketball or football, but enjoy watching it. And I know the Blackhawks pretty well and hockey's marquee names but that's the tip of the iceburg.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

I do both, Franchise and Be A Pro, Be A Pro is just really addicting though

or even select Be A NHL Pro
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

EA SPORTS World - TEDDDY
    EA SPORTS World - NEW VIDEO