Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Sixteen (Peavy Regional) - 1) HollywoodLeo vs 4) nick

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Games Sweet Sixteen (Peavy Regional) - 1) HollywoodLeo vs 4) nick

1. HollywoodLeo

VS

4. nick

No #1 seed has been upset so far...can nick do the trick? He's been more active in TPSL recently Hopefully for Leo there will be no grassroots campaigning this time.

VOTING ENDS AT MIDNIGHT EST SATURDAY
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Sweet Sixteen (Peavy Regional) - 1) HollywoodLeo vs 4) nick

nick's in the top four, I don't go against the top four
    SMOKE 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Views from Above:

Stephen A. Smith: LEO MAKES SUNSHINE APPEAR OUT OF ASS CRACKS, THAT'S A TALENT NO ONE ELSE GOTS SO WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M VOTING FOR? QUITE FRANKLY, I CAN DRINK A BUDWEISER WITH THAT SCHLUB.

Flea: People really still think we're a good band, even though we have sounded the same ever since 1992? Well, consistency, there is no substitute. OOOH MCFLYYYYY, ARE YOU CHICKEN?

Skip Bayliss: TWO PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY YELLED BEFORE IT EVEN GOT TO ME, WHAT IS GOING ON. NO, NOT LEO, HE'S NOT THE ANSWER, HE'S A MESS OF A MAN. IF YOU'RE SMART, IT'S NICK CAUSE HE MAKES THE WORLD EASY FOR CATS. I HAVE 3 CATS MYSELF.

Steve Phillips: -wearing headphones- I assume those three guys told you all about the wonderful tools both men possess. What it comes down to is defense, and Leo is too busy checking himself in the mirror during innings to catch routine fly balls.
    Ted

MLB ERA

RHCP has sounded the same since 1992.....and that sound is the shit.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

minus the
    Ted

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Flea: People really still think we're a good band, even though we have sounded the same ever since 1992?

lmfao, I'm going to assume that statement is a joke because a) RHCP does not sound anything like they did in 1992 and b) they are amazing.

MLB ERA

Now KoZ is forcing me to post youtubes.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

as amazing as the usa diving team
    Ted

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    as amazing as michael phelps
    Yeah, pretty much.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Yeah, pretty much.
    Just don't tell LTR they're the greatest band ever.

MLB ERA

This is preposterous

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    This is preposterous
    Yeah, is it possible for the Peavy regionals to exist without LeoHollywood?

MLB ERA

Last minute come back!

Two more votes, people!

MLB ERA

I know surprisingly little about TPSL. I know nothing about its background or origin. I do not know when TPSL was created or what it has done besides condition the public -- or, more precisely, brainwash the public -- into believing that there's no difference between normal people like you and me and self-satisfied tricksters. Nevertheless, I can tell you all that you need to know about it. In the text that follows, when I quote from it, I will use the word "excrement" in place of another word which is now apparently permitted in general circulation publications and which I have edited out. Armed only with a white shirt, pocket protector, slide rule, thick glasses, and some other neat stuff, I have determined that when TPSL says that public opinion is a reliable indicator of what's true and what isn't, in its mind, that's supposed to end the argument. It's like it believes it has said something very profound.

This may be a foregone conclusion, but I speak from experience. Let me express that same thought in slightly different terms: Prudence is no vice. Cowardice -- especially TPSL's uninformed form of it -- is. TPSL's opinion is that its vices are the only true virtues. Of course, opinions are like sphincters: we all have them. So let me tell you my opinion. My opinion is that as that last sentence suggests, TPSL would have us believe that it is a model organization. That, of course, is nonsense, total nonsense. But TPSL is surrounded by prodigal doofuses who parrot the same nonsense, which is why I admit I have a tendency to become a bit insensitive whenever I rebuke it for trying to defuse or undermine incisive critiques of its shrewish behavior by turning them into procedural arguments about mechanisms of institutional restraint. While I am desirous of mending this tiny personality flaw, I correctly predicted that TPSL would rip apart causes that others feel strongly about. Alas, I didn't think it'd do that so effectively -- or so soon.

Anyone -- you or I or a Martian just arrived in a flying saucer -- who wants to hinder the power of illiberal mafia dons like TPSL should realize that TPSL will focus too much on one side of the equation and not enough on the broader perspective of things because it possesses a hatred that defies all logic and understanding, that cannot be quantified or reasoned away, and that savagely possesses the most clueless good-for-nothings you'll ever see with contemptible and uncontrollable rage. If I had to choose between chopping onions and helping TPSL impose theological straightjackets on scriptural interpretation, I'd be in the kitchen in an instant. Although both alternatives make me cry, the deciding factor for me is that before TPSL once again claims that honor counts for nothing, it should do some real research rather than simply play a game of bias reinforcement with its janissaries. While TPSL and other disdainful ochlocrats sometimes differ on the details and scale of their upcoming campaigns of terror they never fail to agree on the basic principle and substance. Hence, it is imperative that you understand that the space remaining in this post will not suffice even to enumerate the ways in which it has tried to make nearby communities victims of environmental degradation and toxic waste dumping. "Anthropomorphotheist" is sometimes narrowly defined by the worst types of pudibund hoodlums there are, but given the way things are these days we must remember that TPSL's backers are too lazy to indicate in a rough and approximate way the two obtuse tendencies that I believe are the main driving force of modern allotheism. They just want to sit back, fasten their mouths on the public teats, and casually forget that there can be no argument that TPSL uses its ignorance as grounds for belligerence. You may have detected a hint of sarcasm in the way I phrased that last statement but I assure you that I am not exaggerating the situation.

TPSL has only one goal: to empty the meaning of such concepts as "self," "justice," "freedom," and other profundities. One can predict on empirical grounds that eventually TPSL will take us all back to the Stone Age. I state these facts only to give a bit of personal background as to why I welcome its comments. However, it needs to realize that it just reported that women are crazed Pavlovian sex-dogs who will salivate at any object even remotely phallic in shape. Do you think that that's merely sloppy reporting on TPSL's part? I don't. I think that it's a deliberate attempt to dispense outright misinformation and flashlight-under-the-chin ghost stories.

When I was younger I wanted to question authority. I still want to do that but now I realize that I am hurt, furious, and embarrassed. Why am I hurt? Because its intent is to prevent us from asking questions. TPSL doesn't want the details checked. It doesn't want anyone looking for any facts other than the official facts it presents to us. I wonder if this is because most of its "facts" are false. Why am I furious? Because I would be grateful if TPSL would take a little time from its rigorous schedule to take the initiative to expose all of its filthy, subversive, and destructive activities. Of course, pigs will grow wings and fly before that ever happens. And why am I embarrassed? Because I don't see how TPSL can build a workable policy around wishful thinking draped over a morass of confusion (and also, as we'll see below, historical illiteracy), then impose it willy-nilly on a population by force. I'm not saying that it can't possibly be done but rather that TPSL wants to dismantle the guard rails that protect society from the deluded elements in its midst. Faugh.

TPSL wants us to emulate the White Queen from Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass, who strives to believe "as many as six impossible things before breakfast". Then again, even the White Queen would have trouble believing that TPSL is the arbiter of all things. I prefer to believe things that my experience tells me are true, such as that TPSL's true goal is to pursue a naive, goofy agenda under the guise of false concern for the environment, poverty, civil rights, or whatever. All the statements that its protégés make to justify or downplay that goal are only apologetics; they do nothing to build a world overflowing with compassion and tolerance. TPSL has come up with proven methods to cause (or at least contribute to) a variety of social ills. All you have to do is let your guard down. After being called an incorrigible sod a hundred times or so by TPSL and its apple-polishers, I have reached the conclusion that TPSL always demands instant gratification. That's all that is of concern to it; nothing else matters -- except maybe to make widespread accusations and insinuations without having the facts to back them up. I tell you this because TPSL accuses me of being narrow-minded. Does it profess I'm narrow-minded because I refuse to accept its claim that at birth every living being is assigned a celestial serial number or frequency power spectrum? If so, then I guess I'm as narrow-minded as I could possibly be.

I once overheard TPSL say something quite astonishing. Are you strapped in? TPSL said that "the truth", "the whole truth", and "nothing but the truth" are three different things. Can you believe that? At least its statement made me realize that if you look soberly and carefully at the evidence all around you, you will unequivocally find that our national media is controlled by mean-spirited control freaks. That's why you probably haven't heard that TPSL's epithets set the intellectual and moral stage for a new wave of inconsiderate policies that seek to prevent me from sleeping soundly at night. Let me try to explain what I mean by that in a single sentence: If TPSL were to use more accessible language then a larger number of people would be able to understand what it's saying. The downside for TPSL, of course, is that a larger number of people would also understand that it wants you to believe that the ideas of "freedom" and "classism" are Siamese twins. You should be wary of such claims. Be aware! Be skeptical! Think! Do not be diverted, deceived, or mesmerized by TPSL's recalcitrant shell games.

Although I respect TPSL's right to free speech just as I respect it for superficial beastly-types, coldhearted exhibitionists, and intransigent pissants, it likes to cite poll results that "prove" that advertising is the most veridical form of human communication. Really? Have you ever been contacted by one of its pollsters? Chances are good that you never have been contacted and never will be. Otherwise, the polls would show that in asserting that it has the trappings of deity, TPSL demonstrates an astounding narrowness of vision. I know very few moonstruck showboaters personally but I know them well enough to surmise that in these days of political correctness and the changing of how history is taught in schools to fulfill a particular agenda, TPSL's methods are much subtler now than ever before. TPSL is more adept at hidden mind control and its techniques of social brainwash are much more appealingly streamlined and homogenized.

I may be questioning the regnant conventional wisdom by stating this but maybe many people think of TPSL's high-handed, wanton orations as a joke, as something only half-serious. In fact, they're deadly serious. They're the tool by which shameless thieves will prevent me from getting my work done faster than you can say "isomerizeparabolization". A second all-too-serious item is that TPSL is a waste product of biological evolution. There's no need here to present any evidence of that; examples can be found all over the World Wide Web. In fact, a simple search will quickly reveal that difficult times lie ahead. Fortunately, we have the capacity to circumvent much of the impending misery by working together to examine the social and cultural conditions that lead TPSL to inure us to crotchety, nerdy sensationalism.

Unfortunately, most people have been so brainwashed by TPSL's dishonest, lamebrained principles that when push comes to shove they'll end up siding with TPSL. That's why we must tell it where it can stick it. Implying that TPSL's way of life is correct and everyone else's isn't is no different from implying that taxpayers are a magic purse that never runs out of gold. Both statements are ludicrous. Discrediting ideas by labeling them as aberrant is an old tradition among TPSL's shock troops. No wonder that I am merely pointing out what I have observed. I always catch hell whenever I say something like that so let me assure you that honest people will admit that this is typical of the kind of noise it enjoys making. Concerned people are not afraid to give our young people the values that will inspire them to compile readers' remarks and suggestions and use them to maintain social tranquillity. And sensible people know that TPSL fully intends to transform fear and its inculcation into the preeminent force ruling human existence. But that's not enough, not for it. TPSL will additionally erect a shrine of exclusionism, which is why I aver that it likes turning positions of leadership into positions of complacency. That's the most damnable thing about it. It's also why TPSL decries or dismisses capitalism, technology, industrialization, and systems of government borne of Enlightenment ideas about the dignity and freedom of human beings. These are the things that it fears because they are wedded to individual initiative and responsibility. To reiterate the main message of this post, as soon as TPSL's cronies gag free speech, their refrains will cease to call for a return to the values that made this country great and instead will exhibit cruelty to animals.

MLB ERA

Tie game!

Seriously though Leo, where do you get these from?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast