Thread: LeRoi Moore has passed away.

AAA ERA

Music LeRoi Moore has passed away.

[img]http://www.dmband.com/images/leroi1.jpg[/img]

Maybe some of you don't know, but the DMB in my screen name stands for Dave Matthews Band. LeRoi Moore was the saxaphonist of said band. He touched the lives of many, and was very accessible to fans. He died from complications stemming back to late June when he was in a ATV accident.

Even though it isn't always apparent to those who are unaware of DMB. They are one of the top touring acts out there. They are insanely famous without a lot of the recognition from the main stream. Though I will admit I'm not a big fan of all their radio songs. It's not what DMB really sounds like.

They have a large underground following, that I couldn't even begin to explain. So I'll let some of the music do the talking in case anyone is interested. Even if some of you think it's foolish, as I've never met him personally. I'm deeply saddened by his passing. May he rest in peace.

Originally written by Danny Dill, and made famous by Johnny Cash (among others). Here's just Dave Matthews and LeRoi Moore doing Long Black Veil.

Starting at 4:29 is a LeRoi being LeRoi. Even if you don't like DMB this is their song #41 and you should check out his solo. Starts off on the flute, end with the sax.

Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

MLB ERA

Re: LeRoi Moore has passed away.

I've never been a huge fan of DMB, but I know plenty of people who are. His passing comes as a shock to all is fans, and I wish the best to his surviving family.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It was a bummer. I have seen many DMB concerts and this really sucks!

Rookie
    Rookie ERA

He was the only bright spot of that band. He could really play. Sad to see any musician go unless it was Dave Matthews himself, U2 or Linkin Park...

Official Strike 3 Forums NIT Champion 2008

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Banter View Post
    He was the only bright spot of that band. He could really play. Sad to see any musician go unless it was Dave Matthews himself, U2 or Linkin Park...
    You do realize Carter Beauford is one of the best drummers in the world, right? I mean in terms of talent Carter>>>>>>LeRoi. Not saying LeRoi wasn't awesome, but the most talented member of that band has never been in doubt.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    It was a bummer. I have seen many DMB concerts and this really sucks!
    When did you last see them? I was lucky enough to see them this year with LeRoi, at SPAC in Saratoga, NY. About 10 days before the accident. This tour was shaping up to be pretty special till that happened.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA

Not a big DMB fan, at all, but I did go see them over the summer one year (Randalls Island?) and had a good time.
    Save Phil Hughes

MLB ERA

I'm a huge fan of DMB, but I've never been to a concert due to sheer timing of the concerts with my schedule as well as price of the tickets. i would love to go though. this is a huge loss for the music world
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    When did you last see them? I was lucky enough to see them this year with LeRoi, at SPAC in Saratoga, NY. About 10 days before the accident. This tour was shaping up to be pretty special till that happened.
    I haven't seen DMB since "Everyday" came out. I have seen him 6 or 7 times and he is one of the best live performers ever. His music strarted to get more and more soft but the old stuff still gets me going.