Thread: LTR's Comic Book Idea

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Funny LTR's Comic Book Idea

My buddy and I came up with a comic book idea a few years ago and just found it today while cleaning up my house. The heroes are the 1990 Champion Cincinnati Reds. We all know that Marge Shott, the Reds owner, was a cheap ***** and a terrible person. She was so cheap that she bought cheap, radioactive WS rings to give to the players. After a while the Reds started to gain powers, super powers. The team became a super team and fought crime all around the world. Rob Dibble could throw fireballs, Chris Sabo has super sight, Tom Browning turned into a werewolf an d so on and so forth. There are not a lot of good sports comic books and thought this would be a funny idea for some of you Reds fans who are good at art. My friend who does comic books is too busy with his own work to really work on it but thought the concept was hilarious. If any one wants to take off on the idea they are free to do so. I just want to see this come to light. Mayeb its the weed, but I think this could be a funny comic.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: LTR's Comic Book Idea

Oh yeah, villans were guys like Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire who took government issue HGH that hadn;t been tested yet. They mutated into super humans like Juggernaut of Xmen.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

God yes, someone here do it. I can't draw that stuff (well I could, but I don't have any digital drawing tools of my own) but I could certainly write.

This would be ****ing genius.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah my friend and I stayed up all night laughing just assigning powers to everyone. Hal Morris of all people had super strength

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And of course all of the other players would be really surprised by it and there would be some great awkward induced comedy.

Schott could sic Schottzie to attack her enemies, such as minorities who call her racist or the clerk at the UDF who claims they are out of her brand of smokes.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

lmfao, that sounds so random but hysterical at the same time.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Maybe Dopple and some of the others who are good at art could cook something up.

MLB ERA

Reminds me of a comic book that I got when Mr. Met attended my Bar Mitzvah. It involved Mike Piazza, Al Leiter, and Jay Payton as super heroes fighting some villain who wanted to give everyone asthma. It was so dumb, and yet so entertaining.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Asthma? That's ****ing lame!

MLB ERA

haha, it was a comic book that raised money for charity. the illustrations were pretty cool though....not great, but cool.