Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone going to watch ECW One Night Stand tonight?

MLB ERA

Anyone going to watch ECW One Night Stand tonight?

I was going to. I loved ECW, and want it back badly.

But two complicating factors arise.
    1) I haven't been interested in wrestling in a solid 5 years.
    2) IT'S THIRTY FIVE BUCKS THAT'S RIDICULOUS.

but with Lance Storm vs. Chris Jericho, Ray Mysterio vs. Psychosis, Super Crazy vs. Tajiri vs. Little Guido, Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Benoit, Tommy Dreamer/Sandman vs. The Dudleyz, Masato Tanaka vs. Mike Awesome, and random other awesome people returning, I don't know how I can refuse.

MLB ERA
    me and some friends are

WWE probably going to ruin the PPV, although i think the matches probably won't even be ECW like
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    No..

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    35 is ridiculous, and A also applies for me... but I figured... what the ****, might as well splurge. I'll be honest... to see Sandman coming through the crowd to Enter Sandman... is worth the price of admission.

Awesome/Tanaka should be a real nice stiff fest too... Taz should be around, Rhino, Justin Credible... it's just gonna be a markout fest for me... and it's only one night (yea... right...).

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Shit... it just dawned on me that the WWF probably can't use Enter Sandman. In which case... oh well.

AAA ERA
    What an amazing PPV.

35 is cheap for this PPV. ECW is worth it. I guess you had to be there....

MLB ERA
    $35 for 3 hours of wrestling should never, ever, ever be called "cheap."

Was it good? ECW was fun back in the late 90's. But then WWF bought it, or so I heard, and I never heard from ECW again.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    $35 for 3 hours of wrestling should never, ever, ever be called "cheap."
    Like I said. I guess you had to be there.

MLB ERA
    I agree; I would have no problem paying $35 to see an ECW live.

I have plenty of problems paying $35 to see an average presentation of an ECW show on TV.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    I agree; I would have no problem paying $35 to see an ECW live.

I have plenty of problems paying $35 to see an average presentation of an ECW show on TV.
    I meant you had to be there watching ECW from like 1995 to the end. $35 is nothing for anyone that was at all interested in ECW during those years. Floor seats to the show last night were $400.

The Tanaka / Awesome match was worth the $35. Sandman's entrance was worth the $35. Seeing Paul Heyman stick it to Bischoff was worth the $35. The Stone Cold segment was worth the $35.

As for "average presentation", I have no idea what you mean by that. It was the same production for any ECW pay per view I ever watched. It was perfect that they didn't "WWE" the production too much at all. It was always low budget, and if (in general) you can't appreciate it, then you probably weren't an original ECW fan. This was just as exciting as getting Barely Leagal in '97. Which is a better PPV then anything WWE has put out since WrestleMania 6.

The WWE guys had to be there so Vince could put his stamp on it, but the crowd gave them hell, RVD gave them hell, Heyman gave them hell, so it wasn't so bad that they were there.

But to each his own, I supposed. If $35 is too much, all the WWE marks can do what they always have with ECW: buy the DVD after the fact and then tell me how great it was.

MLB ERA
    a) I was there watching ECW from 1995 to the end. $35 is plenty for someone who loved ECW during those years and is currently lacking monetarily.
    b) I appreciated the low quality of ECW's presentations because it had great matches and it wasn't $35 for 3 hours. I'm not going to pay $35 for low quality broadcast just for nostalgia.
    c) I like how your basic assumption from this all is that I'm apparently a WWE mark, when I haven't watched a wrestling match in years, and the last one I did watch was a tape of ECW's final event.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    "The Stone Cold segment was worth the $35."

I disagree. I hated how they made Austin the spokesman for ECW. I realize they had to appease to the WWF marks... but I see no reason the spokesman shouldn't have been Tommy Dreamer.

"Seeing Paul Heyman stick it to Bischoff was worth the $35."

And Bradshaw... and Edge...

"Sandman's entrance was worth the $35."

No doubt about it... I said that before the show, then I got paranoid that WWF wouldn't use Enter Sandman... but they didn't disappoint...

"The Tanaka / Awesome match was worth the $35."

No doubt about it again.

I personally, was satisfied with the 35 dollars I shelled out. I'd never shell out 35 for a normal PPV on anymore, but I figured it would be worth just as a memorial... and it turned out to be an entertaining show for all 2 hours and 35 minutes. Rey/Psicosis and Benoit/Guerrero were both bits of disappointments... Guerrero was playing his WWF gimmick too much, and then he hurt his nose... and Rey has been a terrible wrestler since coming to WWF. Fact remains, it was better than any normal show WWF could put on... by miles.

Looks like I gotta get this on tape.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    Rey/Psicosis and Benoit/Guerrero were both bits of disappointments... Guerrero was playing his WWF gimmick too much, and then he hurt his nose... and Rey has been a terrible wrestler since coming to WWF.
    So true. I figured Eddie/Benoit would be a wrestling clinic. How good was it when they boo'ed the 619? or when the told Psycosis to put the mask back on!

McKain you said it best yourself; How could you resist?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast