Thread: Tim Russert passes away.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Media Tim Russert passes away.

Newsman Tim Russert dies at 58 - CNN.com

The network said he collapsed at work Friday. He was taken to Washington's Sibley Memorial Hospital where he died, the hospital confirmed.

Colleague and former NBC anchor Tom Brokaw broke the news on the network Friday shortly after 3:40 p.m., saying Russert had just returned from a family vacation in Italy to celebrate the graduation of his son, Luke, from Boston College.

President Bush on Friday expressed sorrow over Russert's death and admiration for his professionalism.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Re: Tim Russert passes away.

Very sad news. He was at BC recently, I think this year.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Bulldog (and I mean that in the most sincere way possible) being gone seems so wrong. I was a big fan of Russert's and MSNBC is going even more into the shitter without him aboard.

Very sad news coming at a very happy time for his family, what a shame.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

He was an excellent reporter/broadcaster. It'll be weird not hearing "Tim Russert, moderator of Meet the Press"
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I was very saddened by this news as I was a huge fan of Russert's. He was a rare breed in today's media because he had no bias and political party affiliation. He always asked the hard questions and if people tried to dance around them, he would not let up. Tim was one of the best in the business and in my mind the best. 58 years old is too young and the political journalism took a huge loss yesterday. I would be very pleased to see someone like Tom Brokaw take over Meet the Press. He is about the only I can think that would be proper to fill his shoes. News media has taken a loss and Russert will be sorely missed.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    He was a rare breed in today's media because he had no bias and political party affiliation. He always asked the hard questions and if people tried to dance around them, he would not let up. Tim was one of the best in the business and in my mind the best. 58 years old is too young and the political journalism took a huge loss yesterday.
    I couldn't agree more reef. He wouldn't back down from the hard questions and he didn't care if he ruffled some feathers, which is what a true journalist should do to bring the information to the people.