Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game/Computer game thread

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by awefullspellare
    From the pics I have seen it's very simple and small, but the colors are kinda blah to me. But to each his own.

Price will be a huge thing for the Revolution.

very true Nintendo makes their products avaliable to everyone. Where as Sony and Microsoft make it only avaliable to rich people.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    very true Nintendo makes their products avaliable to everyone. Where as Sony and Microsoft make it only avaliable to rich people.
    Disagree, Nintendo is aimed at younger kids who are not going to be able to raise $300-$400 as easily. Also, parents who are buying systems like Nintendo for the same reason.

Sony and 360 are aimed at older teenagers who are able to afford the $300-$400 hit that comes with it. It's not aimed at "rich people", just more tech savy and gaming crazy people.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Rookie ERA
    Right now Sony's got me really turned on about the PS3. Mostly because a couple days ago I read on Slashdot that PS3 would ship with linux and there was the possibility of more HDDs for PS3, great for devs.
    I don't like the controller for PS3 though.. It looks somewhat hard to grip, but I suppose I could used to that.....
    The story goes a little like this..

OT: 777, how'd I make it into your sig? :O
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Disagree, Nintendo is aimed at younger kids who are not going to be able to raise $300-$400 as easily. Also, parents who are buying systems like Nintendo for the same reason.

Sony and 360 are aimed at older teenagers who are able to afford the $300-$400 hit that comes with it. It's not aimed at "rich people", just more tech savy and gaming crazy people.

Im an older teenager, I dont want to spend alot of money on video games. Thats one of the reason I like Nintendo. Even if I get(maybe/hopefully) a good paying job, I will still stick with Nintendo. IMO cheaper is better.

AA ERA
    Im an older teenager, I dont want to spend alot of money on video games. Thats one of the reason I like Nintendo. Even if I get(maybe/hopefully) a good paying job, I will still stick with Nintendo. IMO cheaper is better.
    Your not a hardcore gamer though. You aren't out there buying lots of games and playing online all the time. A lot of the Halo kids are the harcore gamer types I'm talking about. They will spend a lot of money each year on games while people like you and me spend a lot less and are willing to get stuff that isn't as good but still fun.
    I aim to try

MLB ERA
    Your not a hardcore gamer though. You aren't out there buying lots of games and playing online all the time. A lot of the Halo kids are the harcore gamer types I'm talking about. They will spend a lot of money each year on games while people like you and me spend a lot less and are willing to get stuff that isn't as good but still fun.
    With the Rev. I will be playing online, mainly with SSB2. Yea Id rather spend alot less paying to play my video games.

lol alright next topic

Nintendo DS vs Sony PSP

Well I think the DS is way better then the PSP. Id also rather get a DS then a PSP. Dual screen is the way to go, then only having one screen.

AA ERA
    DS is so much cheaper that for now it makes the most sense to me. PSP is a better system if money isn't an issue. Also with the way PSP is going to be working with PS3 it will be really nice once it gets cheaper.
    I aim to try

I'm sorry but the PSP owns the DS in just about every egual aspect. I have a PSP, and played my brothers DS. Online play, movies, photos, music, lcd screen with amazing graphics vs. a backwards compatable dual screen with mostly Nintendo made games? Think about it.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by PacMan
    I'm sorry but the PSP owns the DS in just about every egual aspect. I have a PSP, and played my brothers DS. Online play, movies, photos, music, lcd screen with amazing graphics vs. a backwards compatable dual screen with mostly Nintendo made games? Think about it.

I couldnt care less, if I could play movies, photos, music, etc. Id take a dual/touch screnn over that any day, dual screen makes playing the games more enjoyable. I just want to play portable games. PSP is over priced, its an easily scratched handheld.

Alright next topic

PC games vs counsles vs portables

PC games are the best, 2nd counsels then comes portables.

AA ERA
    I couldnt care less, if I could play movies, photos, music, etc. Id take a dual/touch screnn over that any day, dual screen makes playing the games more enjoyable. I just want to play portable games. PSP is over priced, its an easily scratched handheld.
    First of all I think being able to play movies, photos, music and all that is a great thing. It's a portbale media center compared to the DS's portable gaming. Also the games are much better graphic wise on PSP.

If you just want to play portable games, Nintendo is your best bet, but if you are into the hightech and portable media center, PSP is great.

PC games vs counsles vs portables

PC games are the best, 2nd counsels then comes portables.
    I personally like consel games because I like sitting back relaxing and playing instead of sitting starring at a computer monior. Portables are way back because I don't have much time to play them, also graphics are way worse.
    I aim to try

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I enjoy playing PC games and I still do to this day, but I've stopped playing on the PC since its hogging a lot of RAM for a new computer. It's just based on preferences. Staring on a computer screen is a lot like staring at a television screen.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
    I've stopped playing on the PC since its hogging a lot of RAM for a new computer. It's just based on preferences. Staring on a computer screen is a lot like staring at a television screen.
    very true, thats one of the problems with playing PC games, though one of the benifits, it you can d/l updates for your computer game.

If you just want to play portable games, Nintendo is your best bet, but if you are into the hightech and portable media center, PSP is great.
    portable games are awesome, when you are in the car/plane. Nintendo is the leader at portable games no question there

XBOX360 VS the Rev

Rev is going to beat XBOX 360 ,360 looks horriable to me

AA ERA
    portable games are awesome, when you are in the car/plane. Nintendo is the leader at portable games no question there
    Well, I personally usually drive the car, and when I don't it's not usually long enough of a drive to warrant a game.

XBOX360 VS the Rev

Rev is going to beat XBOX 360 ,360 looks horriable to me
    You are such a homer, . You may prefer Rev to 360, but I will pay you one million dollars if Rev outsells 360 in America. Put it this way, it is NOT going to happen. There is no feasible way. 360 will have better graphics, quicker processing, more powerful processing, more room on the discs, better online play, better exclusive games/non nintendo games. There is no reason at all to belive Rev stands any chance. I woudl hope even the people at Nintendo realize this. They are going after their niche in the market and trying to sell as many as they can. They showed this when they decided not to support HD. That is as close to admitting you will not be able to match MS and Sony this generation as you are going to see.
    I aim to try

MLB ERA
    Well, I personally usually drive the car, and when I don't it's not usually long enough of a drive to warrant a game.

You are such a homer, . You may prefer Rev to 360, but I will pay you one million dollars if Rev outsells 360 in America. Put it this way, it is NOT going to happen. There is no feasible way. 360 will have better graphics, quicker processing, more powerful processing, more room on the discs, better online play, better exclusive games/non nintendo games. There is no reason at all to belive Rev stands any chance. I woudl hope even the people at Nintendo realize this. They are going after their niche in the market and trying to sell as many as they can. They showed this when they decided not to support HD. That is as close to admitting you will not be able to match MS and Sony this generation as you are going to see.
    Im a Nintendo geek

What game systems will you buy in the future? I will buy a DS, and the Rev.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast