Thread: WrestleMania XXIV

MLB ERA

WrestleMania XXIV

Anyone else saw it on Sunday? I'm still a wrestling geek and I don't think I'll change anytime soon.

I have to say it was one of the better WM's in the last 5 years.

Very good and solid card except for 2 matches, who wants to guess what those were.

JBL vs Finlay - good opener to get things started, good hardcore match, had an number of good spots and it left the feud wide open to continue.

Money in the Bank (Jericho, Mr. Kennedy, CM Punk, MVP, John Morrison, Carlito, and Shelton Benjamin) - Wasn't the best MitB match mind you but not the worst either, with 7 wrestlers in match due to Jeff Hardy's suspension (costing Jeff a big push, was expected to win) for recreational drug use, it somewhat ruined what could have been a great match to a good match, with the odd number there would some spots where some had to wait to get it, yet that was probably the only negative. I was little surprised who won it in the end, but it seems the right way to go.

Batista vs Umaga - the SD vs RAW match was a bit better than I expected in the end and that's always a good thing.

Chavo Guerrero vs Kane for the ECW title - really, and I mean really quick match, I don't even know if I should have counted it on the card, the entrances took longer than the match itself.

Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels - Can I get a WOOOOOOOOOOO!? The Nature Boy retirement match, a sad day has come where one has to retire, especially one as great as Ric Flair, great wrestler, great career, the best of all time without a doubt. I don't like HBK (never will) but for that night I put that aside and enjoyed one hell of a match, it could have been the main event, it was special to watch.

Divas match, I'll just stop there.

Randy Orton vs HHH vs John Cena for WWE title - it was a good match but it should have been better considering it is a major title, just glad Super Cena didn't win in the end. Still a good match

Floyd Mayweather, Jr vs The Big Show - for a gimmick/celebrity match it was actually good for that type of match, Mayweather took his bumps and Big Show took a real punch with brass knuckles that left a big bruise.

Edge vs The Undertaker for the World title - great match, top notch quality, a lot of back and forth action, counters, near falls, finishers, all the old school Taker moves and entrance, you name it. Hard to find a match this good in recent years and a true main even for WM, it was probably the best main event since WM20.

One other thing that's worths watching is last night on Monday Night Raw, a Flair tribute was done at the end of the show, lasted about 20 minutes, they could have done it for the whole night if they wanted. HHH was the one who MC'ed the tribute and introduced Flair to the ring, A lot of old great wrestlers came out who congratulated Flair, even had the Four Horsemen reunited (Tully Blanchard, JJ Dillon, Barry Windham and Arn Anderson), Ricky "the dragon" Steamboat, Harley Race, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, and Dean Malenko (another member of the 4 Horsemen). Also coming out were Flair's family, Batista, Chris Jericho, John Cena, Shawn Michaels and then the just about the whole WWE roster to top it off.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

Re: WrestleMania XXIV

I wanted to but we are trying to save money. I'm just glad Taker won.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."