Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ***The Official New Rap Songs Thread***

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Have you guys heard Proof yet? That CD is pretty good. he shocked me, I was expecting him to sound like he does on the D12 albums. But he is far better than he exposes in the group.

I am looking forward to Tony Yayo's Thoughts of a Predocate Phelon.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yayo is garbage.......anyways...why in the friggin hell did Mobb Deep go to the devil...er....G-Unit.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Sold their soul to the devil..

Haven't heard Proof's CD but have heard good things.

MLB ERA
    Kanye West - Late Registration

Bought it today, and it's even better than College Dropout IMO. Kanye is reaching a Dr. Dre level as a producer, IMO. I think this is going to be one of those albums that appeals to the masses, and not just hip-hop heads but other genre fans as well.

Little Brother - Chitlin Circuit 1.5

This is the future of hip-hop, IMO. Phontae is ridiculous on the mic. I can't wait until their full release comes out, I'm so psyched for that release.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Kanye West - Late Registration

Bought it today, and it's even better than College Dropout IMO. Kanye is reaching a Dr. Dre level as a producer, IMO. I think this is going to be one of those albums that appeals to the masses, and not just hip-hop heads but other genre fans as well.

Little Brother - Chitlin Circuit 1.5

This is the future of hip-hop, IMO. Phontae is ridiculous on the mic. I can't wait until their full release comes out, I'm so psyched for that release.
    ATL and I talked about both CDs on AIM yesterday and I want to listen to Little Brother. Late Registration was like a Best of for Kanye (as said in Diamonds). Wait for Grammys yet again.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    blackalicious - the craft
    AZ - A.W.O.L.

i've been listenin to these 2 the most this week

The new Public Enemy album due in November is a must. The last song, "Superman Is Black In The Building" is a must have by itself. Chuck is flowing like the old days and the sound is similar as well, though more live instrumentation instead of a mesh of samples.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Killah Sith
    The new Public Enemy album due in November is a must. The last song, "Superman Is Black In The Building" is a must have by itself. Chuck is flowing like the old days and the sound is similar as well, though more live instrumentation instead of a mesh of samples.
    keep me updated, man. i read on one of these release dates that they are putting another release in january? is that a seperate album, or just bad information?

do you have that song?

PE has a lot of stuff coming up in the next year and a half or so with albums and DVD's. They have an album coming out in November called "New Whirl Odor" which is the one I was referring to in my previous post. They also have an album due in January called "Rebirth of a Nation" which was originally slated for August but got pushed back because of some rule about releasing albums too close together. "Rebirth" was completely written and produced by Paris and also features Dead Prez and MC Ren. "NWO" is more of a PE album whereas "Rebirth" is labeled PE ft/Paris but has more of the Paris sound to it. Both albums are very good and I actually have both right now. I'm really looking foward to the DVD that goes along with the Greatest Hits album that just came out that features 22 of their videos. Last I heard that was due in October.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Killah Sith
    Both albums are very good and I actually have both right now.
    think you could hook your fellow hip-hop head up?

MLB ERA
    Outkast's next album, 10 The Hard Way, comes out October 11. Most anticipated album of the year for me. As you can imagine, it's only going to be 10 songs and Big Boi said they are returning to their old school style. I can't wait to hear that album. Their movie soundtrack is slated for a probable January release.

AAA ERA
    boyz n da hood- dem boyz (my personal favorite)

young jeezy- and then what

50 ft. mobb deep-outta control

ALL THESE ARE GREAT SONGS....DOWNLOAD THEM!!

MLB ERA
    Little Brother - The Minstrel Show

In the minstrel shows of the late 1800's, white and Black performers would blacken their faces with cork and perform as stereotypical, grossly exaggerated racist caricatures of Black culture.

Fast forward two hundred years and Black people are still performing in these shows, celebrating senseless materialism, excessive violence, and blatant misogyny. Only today, they aren't known as minstrels. They're now known as rap stars. Chicken and watermelon have been replaced with rims and jewelry, turning hip-hop into one big modern-day minstrel show.

Such is the central idea behind Little Brother's highly anticipated and wildly imaginative sophomore album, "THE MINSTREL SHOW." The Durham, North Carolina-based trio of emcees Phonte and Big Pooh, and producer 9th Wonder, struck critical gold with their 2003 debut, "THE LISTENING," a soulfully vibrant concept album that focused on a day in the life of a fictional radio station (WJLR, Justus League Radio).

Picking up where "THE LISTENING" left off, "THE MINSTREL SHOW" opens with the introduction of the fictional television network, UBN (U Black ******s). After WJLR is purchased by UBN in a corporate takeover funded by the Atlantic Group, the station finds a hit with its new series, "The Minstrel Show," starring Little Brother. The underlying theme is that while the group finds success and escapes their humble beginnings, they ultimately pay a price for it by sacrificing their dignity. Conceptualized like a low-budget episode of "Saturday Night Live," complete with commercial breaks and musical guests, "THE MINSTREL SHOW" is a darkly humorous album that is equal parts soul and satire.

"To me, 'THE MINSTREL SHOW' is ultimately about responsibility," says emcee Phonte. "As rappers, we have to take responsibility for what we say, and for the images we portray to our people. If not, we're doing essentially what minstrel shows did: perpetuating negative images and reinforcing those negative stereotypes."

Producer 9th Wonder offers a different take on "THE MINSTREL SHOW" and its role in today's hip-hop climate: "This album is basically us holding a mirror up to our community and saying, 'Look what has happened to our art form, look how low our standards have dropped as far as what we accept as good music.' If we can make people at least think about that, then we've done our job."

"We knew we would probably make a lot of people mad," says Rapper Big Pooh about the album's controversial title. "That's just the price you pay for taking a stand. There's a lot of craziness in hip-hop right now, and hopefully with this album we can bring about some type of balance."
    **** Tony Yayo, **** 50 Cent, **** Young Jeezy, **** Dipset. This is real ass music.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Outkast's next album, 10 The Hard Way, comes out October 11. Most anticipated album of the year for me. As you can imagine, it's only going to be 10 songs and Big Boi said they are returning to their old school style. I can't wait to hear that album. Their movie soundtrack is slated for a probable January release.

http://torrentspy.com/directory.asp?...ails&id=396646

http://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...926UUFX7U5P810

You can get New Whirl Odor either of those places if you know what you are doing, which I didn't. I had to have someone send it to me via Yahoo messenger. If you don't or can't get it in either of these places let me know. Do you have Soulseek? If so we can connect on there for either album. I'll try and hook up with you this weekend or next week when things at work settle down for me and get you the albums. Paris did say that he was going to add a few tracks to the "Rebirth" album though since it got delayed, so I guess we don't have the whole thing quite yet. It's still dope though. Also if you do get New Whirl Odor from one of those links let me know and I'll get you the proper track listing because supposedly both of those are wrong.

MLB ERA
    I got both advances on my computer now. I am pretty sure I got the proper track listing for New Whirl Order. The first song is Intro, last song is Back In The Building, right? I haven't listened to them yet, but I'll look forward to that later tonight. A lot of good hip-hop is releasing this fall. AZ's A.W.O.L., Little Brother's The Minstrel Show, DJ Quik's Trauma, Blackalicious' The Craft, and Atmosphere's You Can't Imagine... are all getting constant play on my iTunes.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast