Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McCain's in trouble

MLB ERA

Re: McCain's in trouble

True, but the number of those people on both sides aren't a majority. No matter how angry you are, you still get one vote, and this election will still be close.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    For every American that despises Hilary there's 10 more that despise G. W. Bush and don't want to see another Republican at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
    doubtful.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I don't want to start a political discussion but tonight I saw that John McCain, the soon-to-be GOP candidate is in trouble. Why you ask. Because it looks like Barack Obama will be the Democratic candidate. I was watching MSNBC and watch Obama's speech. After Obama was done, they went to John McCain's speech. After watching both speeches, McCain doesn't stand a chance against Obama. Obama was surrounded by youthful hopefuls from every ethnic race and a few of his equals. McCain was surrounded by old people and looked like he was reading his speech off a prompter. Obama was light on his feet and could tell some of that speech was improvised. McCain could have possibly had a stroke if that prompter would have froze. I know Obama hasn't won anything yet but if he does win the nomination, McCain will have a hard time winning over the country.

What exactly does Barrack say? I swear Ive never heard a person say less with more and get praised for it. When Barrack has said something of substance it scares me..

For Example:
    (Barrack) will invade Pakistan... Pakistan (for better or worse) has been a good ally with the fight in Afghanistan.

(Barrack) will bring tyrants together and we shall discuss our problems... Think Chavez, Amadinajah, etc gives a rats ass about that?

He has been in Senate not even a full term, come november that inexperience will get exposed and crushed.

For every American that despises Hilary there's 10 more that despise G. W. Bush and don't want to see another Republican at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
    Hillary and Bill anger EVERY republican out there, if she's anywhere near the campaign for the White House a vast majority of Republicans will come out in droves to keep her out. Meanwhile yes theres people who do not like Bush but that number is dwarfed by the ground sweal of dispise of Hillary.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post

Hillary and Bill anger EVERY republican out there, if she's anywhere near the campaign for the White House a vast majority of Republicans will come out in droves to keep her out. Meanwhile yes theres people who do not like Bush but that number is dwarfed by the ground sweal of dispise of Hillary.
    Really?

Because that's not the impression I get talking to the average person.

In fact, it's quite the opposite.

I don't get the feeling that many people like Hilary, so much, but the feeling I do get is that if I voice public support for G.W. Bush it's like voicing public support for Adolf Hitler.

Maybe living in Arkansas has something to do with it.

But posting in the UCF at theNFLforums gives me the same exact impression.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

52% of the American population has stated that they would NEVER under ANY circumstances, vote for Hillary... and that is not counting the ones that would PROBABLY not vote for her.... she is DESPISED as much as Bush, but Bush is not running.... many Republicans that might not normally vote because they are not enthralled with McCain would vote simply to ensure that Hillary does not get into office
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Meanwhile yes theres people who do not like Bush but that number is dwarfed by the ground sweal of dispise of Hillary.
    Just go ahead and say it. A woman can't run the country.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

What exactly does Barrack say? I swear Ive never heard a person say less with more and get praised for it. When Barrack has said something of substance it scares me..

For Example:
    (Barrack) will invade Pakistan... Pakistan (for better or worse) has been a good ally with the fight in Afghanistan.

(Barrack) will bring tyrants together and we shall discuss our problems... Think Chavez, Amadinajah, etc gives a rats ass about that?

He has been in Senate not even a full term, come november that inexperience will get exposed and crushed.

1. Pakistan is where Bin Laden and his men have reformed Al Qaeda and become stronger. Right on the Afgan/Pakistan border. This is coming from our Secretary of Defense McDonnell. Pakistan has far from been a good ally and Afghanistan has been a fotenote in this "war on terror". People want that to change or at leats I do.

2. Are you talking about the same Chavez that offered cruise ships for the people of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina only to be turned down by this government so they can let Bush's buddies take over and make profit and cost us more moeny?

3. Inexperience? You mean the same inexperience that G.W. Bush and Bill Clinton had? Bush and Clinton were mere Governors of their states. Obama will be exposed of nothing.

If anyone actually cared to watch the debates (they are poorly run and hard to watch I know) and not just rely on the media's take you would see Obama has some real things to talk about. Obama makes good points on getting out of the war in a timely matter, ideas for Iran, wants a smaller government and great things to say about making clooege more affordable. Most of all the man is smart and this country needs a healthy does of that. The media just plays soundbites and focuses more on him bickering with Hillary than substance of what he is actually saying. Just wait when Edwards becomes Obama's runnig mate. More of the Republicans trying to attack Obama's drug use and Edwards' haircuts and nothing else of value.

All that said McCain hasn't said much of value either except attack others. He attacks the democrats for having no real solution to the warin Iraq but can't find one himself. According to him, time will heal. Only thing this man seems to pride himself on is immigration but can't protect his own state's borders. Attacking people is not saying anything of value. Politics suck

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

On Hillary Clinton, I was watching Fox News and they had a focus group on. This focus group of "undecided" Republicans just got done watching a democratic debate. A couple of people actually said they wouldn't vote for Clinton because she has no family values. No family values?? She stuck by her man through the most public sex scandal in the history of this country but she has no family values? Its because of people like this that this country is in the mess we are in. I hope picking a party is more important than what's best for the country.

I personally wouldn't vote for Clinto because I think a woman president would be seen as a sign of weakness to the rest of the world. Bush has already ****ed our global position in the world. Incompetence and corruption has already shown the world that we are getting weaker. No need to further their assumptions. Here in America it will be shown as a sign of progression but in the times we live in, I just couldn't vote for her. Just my personal view on things

MLB ERA

2. Are you talking about the same Chavez that offered cruise ships for the people of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina only to be turned down by this government so they can let Bush's buddies take over and make profit and cost us more moeny?
    Is this the same Chavez who's attempting to form an "Anti-American Alliance" amongst Caribbean and Latin nations?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Possibly But do you offer help to a country you hate and if you do, how bad of a person are you?

MLB ERA

I'd think he was offering help to a bunch of people in distress without regard to what country they originated from.

That means he's not entirely evil, but that doesn't exactly make him an ally either.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Let's not call Chavez a friend of America here, please...but I honestly have heard all people are saying with Obama and how he's inexperienced and bullshit...reefer is right. Everybody's inexperienced at some point. We're already in a lot of messy situations, let a fresh face try to handle things...and look, it's not like we're electing some guy off the street here, Obama knows his shit.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I'd think he was offering help to a bunch of people in distress without regard to what country they originated from.

That means he's not entirely evil, but that doesn't exactly make him an ally either.
    I can't think of one person that would call him an ally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12