Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fake Rage Has To Stop!!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Fake Rage Has To Stop!!!!

Ever since the conclusion of the Super Bowl, all I have heard on ESPN and ESPN radio is how classless Bill Belichick is for not staying on the field for one ****ing second. How ******* stupid are you people?? This is another example of fake rage. Fake rage is turning a non story into some big controversial story just because there is something you don't like about the guy. We are talking about one second on a play clock when the game was already over. I knew it, Belichick knew and all the people with the fake rage hardons knew it. There was absolutely no way the Patriots could have won that ballgame with one second on the clock. Even a botched snap would not have resulted in any major gain by the Patriots to even matter. Belichick met Coughlin and shook his hand and congratulated him. What else could you possibly want from the guy? Scott Van Pelt said he felt ill when he saw Bill walk off with one second. Are you ****ing kidding me? What about the 30 other Patriots that were walking off when the final play was being played? Are they just ****ing classless too? The man just lost the Super Bowl and a chance at perfection. One second is going to make a difference? I also hear people say that it wasn't right since 11 Patriots had to be on the field for the last play and Bill left them. Boo ****ign hoo!! It was a formality. Those 11 guys knew the game was over. No one can even tell me who was on the field when it was over. Stop the fake rage!!! One second folks! Clap your ****ing hand, snap a finger. That's how long we are talking about!!!

AA ERA

Re: Fake Rage Has To Stop!!!!

Bill Belicheck has always been known as a asshole, so anytime he does something as small as this, it will be blown up. But he's created his own monster and now has to do with the consequences that come with it.

And as you said, did it really matter if he stayed that last second? No not in terms of winning the game, but for the sake of being respectful of the other team, he should have. His players left the field, because he did and I guarantee you no other coach in the NFL would have done that. He's been known as a egotistical coach who is a sore loser ever since his tenure in NE. Being that I've watched several of his games coaching the Pats, it's not hard to pick up on, as most any follower of the NFL has.

The media may have blew it up a bit, but it's because of who he is and the way he acts that allowed this to happen. Most any other NFL coach who did the same thing in this situation, would have most likely been given the benefit of the doubt. He's a good coach, no doubt but in this instance I'm sorry to say.. He's getting what he deserves.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The play clock ran down to zero and then they put up one second as he was congratulating Coughlin and the Giants. He was showing respect and got off the field so the Giants could have their moment. I doubt one ****ing Giant noticed he even left the field and why should they even care? They just won the Super Bowl. How is staying one second showing more respect after he already congratulated the Giants? Players were walking off before Bill started leaving but no one wants to point that out. It's bullshit and like I said earlier, its just because people don't like him.

MLB ERA

Enough with the fake rage towards the media, LTR
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

My rage with the media has been growing since I can remember but mostly came out after 9/11 and leading up to the war where ZERO hard questions were asked. I never noticed sports journalism sucked so bad until a few years ago and it keeps getting worse.

MLB ERA

The media sucks. My wife never watches the news because she says it's depressing but I watch so I know whats going on.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

AA ERA

Bill Belicheck=Good player caller, soar loser.. end of story. And that opinion has very little to do with what happened at the super bowl, he's been known for that for quite some time which is exactly why he is getting blasted over this.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA

Bellicheat has bigger fish to fry as this whole Spygate thing is about to get blown wide open. Bank it.

There's a good chance he won't even be coaching next year. Bank that as well. Goodell already tried to make this go away for the Pats only to have it come back and bite him in the ass and there's no way he's taking the fall for Kraft and Billy Boy.

AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard View Post
    Bellicheat has bigger fish to fry as this whole Spygate thing is about to get blown wide open. Bank it.

There's a good chance he won't even be coaching next year. Bank that as well. Goodell already tried to make this go away for the Pats only to have it come back and bite him in the ass and there's no way he's taking the fall for Kraft and Billy Boy.
    Ohh I agree completely, I know he isn't concerned with the way the media views him in terms of what happened in the Super Bowl and in the past, I was just saying in my opinion he's getting what he deserves. By the time this whole spygate thing gets blown wide open, which is looking like what's going to happen, the NE franchise could be in some deep, deep trouble.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Ever since the conclusion of the Super Bowl, all I have heard on ESPN and ESPN radio is how classless Bill Belichick is for not staying on the field for one ****ing second. How ******* stupid are you people?? This is another example of fake rage. Fake rage is turning a non story into some big controversial story just because there is something you don't like about the guy. We are talking about one second on a play clock when the game was already over. I knew it, Belichick knew and all the people with the fake rage hardons knew it. There was absolutely no way the Patriots could have won that ballgame with one second on the clock. Even a botched snap would not have resulted in any major gain by the Patriots to even matter. Belichick met Coughlin and shook his hand and congratulated him. What else could you possibly want from the guy? Scott Van Pelt said he felt ill when he saw Bill walk off with one second. Are you ****ing kidding me? What about the 30 other Patriots that were walking off when the final play was being played? Are they just ****ing classless too? The man just lost the Super Bowl and a chance at perfection. One second is going to make a difference? I also hear people say that it wasn't right since 11 Patriots had to be on the field for the last play and Bill left them. Boo ****ign hoo!! It was a formality. Those 11 guys knew the game was over. No one can even tell me who was on the field when it was over. Stop the fake rage!!! One second folks! Clap your ****ing hand, snap a finger. That's how long we are talking about!!!
    My thoughts exactly on the whole situation.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

My rage with the media has been growing since I can remember but mostly came out after 9/11 and leading up to the war where ZERO hard questions were asked. I never noticed sports journalism sucked so bad until a few years ago and it keeps getting worse
    Well put. I absolutely agree.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

But not according to OIP in thenflforums, he just loves this story, and instead responding with an actually response, all he does it googles "Bill Belichick leaving the field with 1 second left" and starts copying and pasting articles.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I love Belichick and here's why: I was in Park City and went to an outdoor winter concert held on the ski runs. The band was Cheap Trick. It was real cold and we about froze to death. After the concert we tried to go to a restaurant to eat, but the restaurant had just closed. People were seated and still eating but they weren't letting anybody else come in. We were disappointed and just about to leave when one of the waiters spotted me and said, "we have a table for you." He rushed us in and quickly gave us a great table. The food was delicious and the service great but I started to wonder about it when this guy kept coming up to us and asking me questions about the Patriots. I soon figured out that he thought I was Belichick. I'm sure he was pretty disappointed when he saw my name on the credit card slip.

It was the first time anybody's told me that I look like coach Belichick, but when I tell people that story they say, "yeah you do look like him." (It helps when I'm cold wearing a heavy coat, and in a bad mood.)

PS: Thanks Bill!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That's a neat story, stnioz. Your reason to like Bill Belichick tops anything a Patriots suck-up such as Peter King can think of.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

A Belichick look alike?...freaky
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast