Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Tuesday

MLB ERA

Re: Super Tuesday

What mission said.

Unfortunately everything's pretty much set in stone now.

I fear some of the future programs and ideas of Hillary and McCain.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Yes, he who eventually sucked up to his arch-nemesis Dubya and pandered to the right wing religious zealots.

You obviously know nothing about the guy other than the fact that he has an R by his name so he must be evil right?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard View Post

You obviously know nothing about the guy other than the fact that he has an R by his name so he must be evil right?
    Uh, no. It's no secret that he wasn't all that popular with the right wing Republicans. Heck, he was even asked at one point if he would consider being John Kerry's running mate in 2004.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I heard audio in the past where he stated he would consider being Kerry's running mate. Kerry confirmed it in 2007, not that he formally asked him but that it was discussed.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I am glad McCain will get the GOP nomination. It will be just that easier for the Democrats to win.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

McCain vs Hillary...oh boy...I really hope Obama wins the DEM nomination now. I know he's not that experienced but I'm tired of the same old boring politicians making headlines...at least he'd be a fresh face. I have a feeling he will not win this year, but the next time the incumbent chooses not to run he will come back strong..
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I fully expect Romney to come back in 2012 strong. The speech today, from a conservative viewpoint, was great and he still has enough of a fortune that it won't be difficult to start up again in two years. It could be '76 all over again.

And if Obama and Clinton go to the convention, there is no way he wins with the super delegate system that Clinton has such a strong (and obvious advantage.) Obama and Romney would have been an exciting race, McCain and Clinton will be a snooze fest in my opinion.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I wouldn't count out Obama yet. Republicans are more afraid of him than Clinton which is why they keep pushing for her.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Of course Obama is the more viable candidate in the election, but if things remain tight and they have to go to the DNC, have you seen some of the people for the super delegate votes? It would be close, but some of the big names for the super delegates are obviously party leaders (or were anyway) so they will have influence.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post

And if Obama and Clinton go to the convention, there is no way he wins with the super delegate system that Clinton has such a strong (and obvious advantage.) Obama and Romney would have been an exciting race, McCain and Clinton will be a snooze fest in my opinion.
    I would agree with this. Neither candidate fills me with enthusiasm. If this is the pairing, I expect turnout to be very low.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

There are already some super delegates that have drop out which is good. They want the people to vote. We'll see. I'm pulling for Obama because I think a woman in power would show a sign of weakness to the rest of the world. Everyone knows Bush has shown incompetence.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Man I would go for any democrat, I hate republicans, and I hate George Bush (both) specially

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I'm for Mike Huckabee. Knowing that he has a slim to none chance of getting the nomination, I would probably support McCain if he chose Huckabee as VP.

I don't mind Obama at all. Hillary, well she's a different story. I hate that *****.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Huckabee seems like a nice guy but I strongly believe in the separation of church and state even though that line is getting smaller and smaller. The White House is not somewhere to spread Christianity and he doesn't even believe in evolution. I also don't like anyone who will definitely overturn Roe v. Wade. Women should have a right to choose and choices is what this country is all about.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Huckabee seems like a nice guy but I strongly believe in the separation of church and state even though that line is getting smaller and smaller. The White House is not somewhere to spread Christianity and he doesn't even believe in evolution. I also don't like anyone who will definitely overturn Roe v. Wade. Women should have a right to choose and choices is what this country is all about.
    I don't think Roe vs. Wade will ever be overturned. It'd be stupid to overturn it.

I've listened to almost every speech that Huckabee has given, and he speaks about how God is in his life and makes him who he is. For a long time, I didn't even hear him talk of god. He cared more about his stances on issues. The greatest thing about Huckabee is that he wants to diminish the size of the national government and give more power to the states. He also wants to get rid of the IRS, which would be great. I really believe that Huckabee is an intelligent guy who would improve this country alot. Unfortunately the media has something against him and has made him being a baptist minister an issue. When it shouldn't be.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast