Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bet between BuckFoston and Hwood

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Bet between BuckFoston and Hwood

For a Chargers fan you haven't really paid too much attention to Rivers. All those teams you mentioned had good coaches and Jim McMahon was a pro bowler in 1985. Joe Gibbs is a HOF, Norv turner is a joke. This is dumb because it will all be over this weekend and the NFL is one big pussy league now.

MLB ERA

Rivers was a pro bowler last year, what's your point?

And what about Trent Dilfer in 2000? Was he an All Pro?

What about Brad Johnson in 2002? Was he great?

What about Wrecks Grossman last year? His horrific play didn't keep the Bears from making the Super Bowl.

Everyone seems to forget how good Rivers was last year just because he stumbled through the beginning of this year.

Your oversimplification of the game "Vince Young is better than Rivers, therefore the Chargers don't stand a snowball's chance in hell at winning the game" is the joke.

It becomes even more of a joke when you take into consideration that Vince Young might not even be playing....and if he is he might be playing injured.

Any rate, it should be a good game, the Titans have a good D.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

And yes I have been paying attention to him.

How do you think I've realized that they know how to win with him?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Too much alcohol.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Your oversimplification of the game "Vince Young is better than Rivers, therefore the Chargers don't stand a snowball's chance in hell at winning the game" is the joke.
    Another great quote by Leo. Talk about hilarious!! If you want a quote, why not quote my answer to your pathetic question. "I think Vince Young at 80% is better than Phillip Rivers." I would have said the same thing last year. Leaders seem to do it for me. And to ask what my point is about McMahon being a pro bowler is hilarious. He was good and helped lead his team to a Super Bowl victory, the exact opposite of Rivers. Rivers is bad and not progressing. He was a pro bowler last year? Wow, maybe he can go back and....wait it doesn't do any good this season. Here's another quote for you to butcher, NFL sucks balls now and so does Phillip Rivers! Can't wait to see what tackle they will ban next year!

AA ERA

Leo I don't think you can place Brad Johnson in the discussion, he is actually a very accurate passer and blossomed when he got out of Minnesota the first time. However, I agree with you on your assessment of Grossman and Dilfer, but they both had stifling defenses which took away the pressure of having to win through the passing game. SD has a solid D when it decides to show up, but the Chargers defense in no way compares to the Ravens the year that they had Dilfer at QB. That Raven's defense was one of the best of all time.

I believe Rivers will have to be relied on more than the Ravens did Dilfer. Even with LT, Rivers will have to play well throughout the playoffs for them to stand a chance of making it to the Super Bowl. And about your previous post, the post season is a whole other world than the regular season. If you don't believe me, just look at the '05 Steelers.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Another great quote by Leo. Talk about hilarious!! If you want a quote, why not quote my answer to your pathetic question. "I think Vince Young at 80% is better than Phillip Rivers." I would have said the same thing last year. Leaders seem to do it for me. And to ask what my point is about McMahon being a pro bowler is hilarious. He was good and helped lead his team to a Super Bowl victory, the exact opposite of Rivers. Rivers is bad and not progressing. He was a pro bowler last year? Wow, maybe he can go back and....wait it doesn't do any good this season. Here's another quote for you to butcher, NFL sucks balls now and so does Phillip Rivers! Can't wait to see what tackle they will ban next year!
    You're still insisting that the QB makes or breaks the team.

You have still yet to tell me how the Ravens won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer or how Rex Grossman played in a Super Bowl.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34 View Post
    Leo I don't think you can place Brad Johnson in the discussion, he is actually a very accurate passer and blossomed when he got out of Minnesota the first time. However, I agree with you on your assessment of Grossman and Dilfer, but they both had stifling defenses which took away the pressure of having to win through the passing game. SD has a solid D when it decides to show up, but the Chargers defense in no way compares to the Ravens the year that they had Dilfer at QB. That Raven's defense was one of the best of all time.
    The Chargers defense is the reason they have won 10 of the last 12 in spite of Rivers.

(Rivers did show up for a some of the games, though)

I believe Rivers will have to be relied on more than the Ravens did Dilfer. Even with LT, Rivers will have to play well throughout the playoffs for them to stand a chance of making it to the Super Bowl. And about your previous post, the post season is a whole other world than the regular season. If you don't believe me, just look at the '05 Steelers.
    The post season is "a whole nother world" because people make it a "whole nother world" It's still the same game.

I find it laughable that people can talk about the Chargers like they don't stand a chance playing a 6 seed that barely made the playoffs in their own home while riding a 6 game winning streak (10 of the last 12) just because they don't like their QB.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Too much alcohol.
    I'm at work

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I find it laughable that people can talk about the Chargers like they don't stand a chance playing a 6 seed that barely made the playoffs in their own home while riding a 6 game winning streak (10 of the last 12) just because they don't like their QB.
    Agreed, as a Titans fan there is no doubt that I want them to win this game but from an un-bias point of view, I think the Chargers will win this game. Although, the Titans do have a chance but, the Chargers have the edge.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

All I have to say is that BuckFoston, if you loose this bet, I hope you put Elizabeth back on after your month. I will miss her when I am reading your posts. hahahaha.... As funny as that may sound, I am being serious.

MLB ERA

What? Who's Elizabeth? Haha, her names Elisha bud...Haha its alright though man I'll put her back up, IF I loose...
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

AA ERA

The post season is "a whole nother world" because people make it a "whole nother world" It's still the same game.

Please show me in my post where I said the Chargers couldn't win.. I'm not bashing the Chargers at all, I think they're playing good football right now and at the right time.. I'm just saying I think Rivers will be a crucial part of the Chargers making it to the Super Bowl, if he plays well, they are a even deadlier threat.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA

Please show me in my post where I said the Chargers couldn't win..
    You didn't, LTR did, and that who that message was really meant for.

I'm just saying I think Rivers will be a crucial part of the Chargers making it to the Super Bowl, if he plays well, they are a even deadlier threat.
    And you're right with this. I'm not trying to say Rivers doesn't need to perform well, but someone in this thread (not you) would have us believe that he's the only one capable of winning (or not winning) the game for the Chargers.

This entire back and forth really only took place because LTR started with the inquisition "Leo really thinks they can win?" like as though it's laughable for anyone to even think they stand a chance, like as though it's the Miami Dolphins about to face the New England Patriots and I bet on Miami.

He then went on to argue his belief with the argument "Vince Young > Rivers therefore the Chargers don't stand a chance" (Paraphrasing, LTR, don't complain about inaccurate quotes.)

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Ah thanks, I could remember how to spell her first or last name without getting off my lazy butt and looking it up, so I missed spelled it on purpose just to make my point for the thread.

I really did know that Elizabeth was not her name. HONEST!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast