Thread: Wireless help

MLB ERA

Wireless help

So I gota wireless router, and I created a wireless connection, but I forgot to set up a password for it, so I was trying to figure out a way to disconect that wireless and make a whole different connection? Because everytime I try to install the router CD it wont let me make a whole new setup. So please anyone I need your assistance.

PS: I'm now connected to the internet with my landline at the moment.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Wireless help

I would just try and restart your computer and try reloading the disc again. Or completely shut down and turn it back on and try again. Or go to your program files on the C: Drive and delete the router program and start over.

MLB ERA

You need to find the router IP address and change the administrative username and password.

Most are 192.168.0.1 enter that into the address bar and you will get into your router and be able to alter settings...it would help if I knew what type of router, but I set up my friends and my own connections, so I could assist further if you need.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I would just try and restart your computer and try reloading the disc again. Or completely shut down and turn it back on and try again. Or go to your program files on the C: Drive and delete the router program and start over.
    I have tried restarting my computer and the software is not DL on my computer, or else I would have just unistalled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    You need to find the router IP address and change the administrative username and password.

Most are 192.168.0.1 enter that into the address bar and you will get into your router and be able to alter settings...it would help if I knew what type of router, but I set up my friends and my own connections, so I could assist further if you need.
    I have a Linksys WRH54G its a wirelss G home router.

MLB ERA

OK Linksys...

Connect the router via ethernet cable to any computer/laptop, type in 192.169.1.1

Once you are in the router it will ask you for name and password, usually they are variations of ADMIN/admin.

Once you are inside, you can add users, password protect, etc.

I've only done it on DLink's, but it's supposed to be the same.

MLB ERA

Actually bro, nevermind I just figured out, I went on Linksys forum, I had to hold onto the Reset button for 30 seconds and it went back to factory settings. So now I can set it up again and set a password this time.

MLB ERA

Thats not cool dude, make Dry go to all that effort and then just blow him off...
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    Thats not cool dude, make Dry go to all that effort and then just blow him off...
    It took no effort man...just doing that all off of memory.

MLB ERA

Dang, your smart. Oh well I was just playing anyways...
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Well I got the wireless to work, what I'm confused about is to how to setup a secure connection so only my family members can use it. I went to the Linksys forum and got this how do i secure my wireless connection - Wireless Routers - Linksys Community Forums
    I followed all the steps as the second post suggested but it still shows I gota unsecure connection.