Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Or Xbox 360?

MLB ERA

Re: PS3 Or Xbox 360?

Well, damm there goes my theory LOL.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The bigger block version of the PS2 had those problems, mostly with the newer games. The newer slimmer version, I have never had a problem with.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

But isn't that wear and tear over the longevity of the big box? I mean I started encountering that problem when I was playing MLB 07 The Show last summer, and all my other newer games worked fine, but that one, I even tried it on my cousins slim PS2 and it worked fine.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It is, I had the PS2 for three years before games started to have read errors.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

PS2 has the issue when it gets dirty.

I have dogs who shed a lot, so when I brought it into the living room, and left it there for three days, I got ****ed.

A hair burned into the reading eye, and ****ed up the discs...if you are clean you need not worry...the reason I got the slim was because of maitenence, I could clean it easily.

I opened up my PS2 and there was dog hair everywhere because the fan actually sucked it in...

As far as PS3, it is sick. Period. Everything I've played on it has worked perfectly...my friends tried playing Halo 1+2 on 360 leading up to when Halo 3 came out, and their 360 had a bug that wouldn't map the game correctly...and apparently that happens a lot.

The biggest issue with the PS3 is the cost, you need to shell out for the 80 gig, or it's worse than the 360...but best system vs. best system, money not a question, I take the PS3 all day every day.

For FPS take 360...for RPG and Sports and Car games, take the PS3.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Ok, I chose 360 just because I have one. Or should I say I have 2 now.

CAUTION!

My first 360 broke after about 6 months. Completely stopped working. I have had gaming systems since Atari and have never had a problem with one. My PS2 still works great and I bought it the day they came out.

Here is the thing. I still bought another 360 and only had to shell out the money for it because I decided to open my old one to try and figure out the problem. DONT DO THAT EVER!. I found out that I could have simply returned my bad one and got a brand new one sent to me within a week.

I wanted another 360 because of all of the games I already had. PS3 sounds excellent, but I just bought the first system that had the first baseball game coming out last year. The 360 came out first and they had MLB 2K7 coming out, so I bought the 360.

Now if your 360 breaks, you can simply send it in and get a new one for free. They have a 10 year warranty now. That says a lot about their product, but at least they are willing to fix the problem with giving you a new one. The only thing that sucks here is you have to go a week without a system.

I honestly haven't dealt with the PS3 much, but I like the graphics pretty much the same. I like the 360 library better (more games for now), I like the 360 controller better, I like 360 Live (even though I dont use it much and would equally enjoy the PS3 online version), I still bought a 360 even though I have every baseball game and Madden and NBA Live and a lot more on PS2 still (I still use my PS2).

My final opinion. I would buy the PS3 if I were to start fresh again just because I don't like having to worry about my system breaking. The 360 is far less reliable than the Ps# for sure. Also, I still think the PS3 will eventually have a bigger library than the 360. And the PS3 comes out with both baseball games where the 360 just has the 2K series.

MLB ERA

I have the older PS2, the slim PS2, Xbox, X360 and I bought the $500 PS3 last week. The only system I don't have right now is the Wii only because we can't find one.

The bulky PS2 was my brothers but he owned me $600 because I paid one of his car payments one month and the idiot got it repossessed a few months later. I don't remember any issues with it but I think it might have a problem using a controller in the bulky PS2 and than using it for the slim PS2. I've had many issues that the controller disconnects but it is in the slot correctly.

With the X360 I haven't had any issues with it that much either. It did scratch my first game that I bought for it but I was able to get it replaced. Infact the game arrived before I even sent the scratched one. It scratched the CD because I had the system upright instead of laying down. I wouldn't recommend doing that with any system even though it looks better and fits better.

With the PS3, since I just got it last week I don't have too many games and not much experience yet with it thus far. I don't have any blu-ray movies right now but will get some soon. I bought the $500 version because of the multi-memory card slots on the front. When I was comparing the versions the others didn't have it and I could use those slots. I even have a slot on my notebook to so I can just pop in my SD card for my camera and upload the pics easier.

What I like about the 360 is the fact that you can unlock achievements for each game you have. It gives me something to shoot for. The PS3 don't have that feature but online is free and you don't have to pay to play with other players. What can I say? I'm a gamer and I buy it all.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

20 GB PS3, with full backward compatibility (it has the emotion engine like the 60 GB) for $299.

You can rep me later.
    Sony PlayStation 3: 20GB Console - Sony Computer Ent. - Toys "R" Us

MLB ERA

All hail the great and might one, Mission! Great find dude. Thanks, thats gonna save me a bundle. +Rep
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

MLB 2k Franchise is sick but everyone seems to hate it...

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    MLB 2k Franchise is sick but everyone seems to hate it...
    Because everyone likes MLB 07: The Show better. I have 2K7 for the X360 and The Show is a lot better.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    20 GB PS3, with full backward compatibility (it has the emotion engine like the 60 GB) for $299.

You can rep me later.
    Sony PlayStation 3: 20GB Console - Sony Computer Ent. - Toys "R" Us
    Does that mean it can play PS2 games?

MLB ERA

Yes, backward compatibility means that it can play old games...
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX View Post
    Because everyone likes MLB 07: The Show better. I have 2K7 for the X360 and The Show is a lot better.
    That means jack shit...everyone likes FIFA better than Winning Eleven, and Winning Eleven is way better.

2K is just more true to the game...it's glitchy and there are some issues, but it's definetly got way better aspects.

They are way closer to what MVP was than MLB...MLB has never progressed.

MLB ERA

I liked the MVP series, why the hell did EA stop making those?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast