Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Words people find offensive

MLB ERA

Re: Words people find offensive

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    I find it just as offensive as you do when I like to put an * next to Ruth, Aaron, Perry and Cobb.
    I'm offended by the horrible logic, not the asterisk.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Thats where the crap ass logic originated from, so if you dont like your logic against Bonds, then dont be such a hypocrite when it comes to Ruth, Aaron, Cobb and anyone else who I have called out using a similar logic.

MLB ERA

Ruth for being a drunk is on the level of Bonds
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

More like Ruth using a cork bat and not playing against minorities. Good try though. Atleast Bonds never played drunk/hungover and wasn't known to be womanizer like Ruth.

MLB ERA

God, how is it Ruth's fault he didn't play against minorities? And how does that diminish his accomplishments?

That's the horrible logic that offends me.

Nevermind the huge jump to the conclusion that he always used corked bats because they apparently found one of his corked.

MLB ERA

He had a "competitive edge" like everyone else who like to use the same term regarding Bonds and Clemens. Oh yea and if Ruth such a big icon back then as everyone like to claim, he would have made an attempt to bring the minorities into MLB. But he didn't.

Also how is it Bonds fault for taking supplements from his personal trainer who he later found out it was roids?

MLB ERA

For starters, how do you know he didn't?

secondly, how do you know why he didn't if he didn't?

Thirdly, what does any that have to do with his accomplishments and how "legit" they are or are not?

And lastly, it's not Bonds' fault if his story is, indeed, true...but that still doesn't make the logic you use to draw a connection to Ruth and drag his name through the mud any less horrible and offensive.

For the sake of clarity, I'm not really offended, per se, by the horrible logic, simply playing off the thread topic still

MLB ERA

And we dont know if he did either.

Well if everyone can make Bonds and Clemens accomplishments because of what others have said/written, then using the same logic of writing where they found a Ruth cork bat, and from what all the latin/black players have said I can use the same logic, and to make his accomplish as less legit as everyone ignorant **** who is willing to taint Bonds and Clemens accomplishments.

MLB ERA

And we dont know if he did either.

Well if everyone can make Bonds and Clemens accomplishments because of what others have said/written, then using the same logic of writing where they found a Ruth cork bat, and from what all the latin/black players have said I can use the same logic, and to make his accomplish as less legit as everyone ignorant **** who is willing to taint Bonds and Clemens accomplishments.
    You're not getting it.

Whether or not Babe Ruth took a stand to include minorities in MLB is irrelevant because that has absolutely nothing to do with how legit his performance was.

Whereas Bonds' and Roger's alleged conscious decision to use steroids affects their play, and therefore their performances (and the legitimacy thereof)

You can argue all day long that Barry's story is true and that Babe was a racist asshole that didn't want to play with minorities and your connection will still make absolutely zero sense for two reasons.

1) Even if he agreed with it Babe did not set up the rules as they were....he merely played under them.

2) It's an insult to the whiteys to suggest that Ruth's accomplishments don't mean anything because he didn't play against minorities.

Just because there could have been other good ball players for him to play against does not mean that those who he did play against automatically sucked monkey balls.

MLB ERA

Those players did suck monkey balls, especially when Ruth hit more HRs in one season than some teams, either he was on roids, or the other teams flat out sucked monkey balls.

And just as much of an insult for you if I say Ruth record's are tainted, just as much of an insult to me to say Bonds records are tainted.

MLB ERA

Those players did suck monkey balls, especially when Ruth hit more HRs in one season than some teams, either he was on roids, or the other teams flat out sucked monkey balls.
    Right. Because home runs are the only indicator of a good baseball player.

And, besides, even if they were what does the home run hitting ability of others have to do with that of Babe Ruth? He was hitting home runs off the pitchers of that era, not the other hitters.

Maybe the pitchers were just that good, look how many home runs they didn't give up?

But we can't say that because it'd make Ruth look even better.

And just as much of an insult for you if I say Ruth record's are tainted, just as much of an insult to me to say Bonds records are tainted.
    No it is not.

Nobody's saying Bonds' records are tainted because he only played against one race of players, insinuating that that race is inferior competition in the game.

Saying Bonds's accomplishments are tainted because he took steroids has absolutely nothing to do with race, religion, or creed. It's simply suggesting that he took steroids and enhanced his ability to perform.

Saying Ruth's accomplishments don't mean much because he only played against inferior white players is not only insulting it's racist.

And please don't tell me I'm putting words in your mouth there, either.

We've had this conversation before where you flat out said the whiteys that he faced were "inferior competition"

I don't feel like doing a search but I will if I have to.

MLB ERA

I will use HRs as a factor as everyone else has who assumed Bonds/McGwire/Sosa used roids because of there ability to hit HRs.

Or maybe Ruth used roids? I dont see Bonds or Aaron ever hit more HRs than other teams players combined, maybe I'm assuming just the same way as other people who have assumed crap on todays players.

It is an insult, so your basically saying its ok for everyone else to give Bonds/Clemens crap, but if I give Ruth and anyone who played in that area any kind of shit, I'm considered a racist?

MLB ERA

I will use HRs as a factor as everyone else has who assumed Bonds/McGwire/Sosa used roids because of there ability to hit HRs.

Or maybe Ruth used roids? I dont see Bonds or Aaron ever hit more HRs than other teams players combined, maybe I'm assuming just the same way as other people who have assumed crap on todays players.
    The problem is nobody's saying Bonds and company are on roids only because they hit a lot of home runs, but that's what you're doing with Ruth there.

It is an insult, so your basically saying its ok for everyone else to give Bonds/Clemens crap, but if I give Ruth and anyone who played in that area any kind of shit, I'm considered a racist?
    Dude, you're making my head hurt here.

You're drawing crazy conclusions based off fabricated reasoning of two things that have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Do you realize that if you focused your arguments on Bonds and the fact that his story is believable (regardless of how likely or unlikely it is) I wouldn't argue with you much, if at all?

But instead you choose to draw asinine comparisons to drag one of the greatest players in the history of the game's name through the mud just to make a dumbass point of "Well, how does it feel if I call his accomplishments into question? "

And you're considered a racist because you're telling me that Ruth's accomplishments don't mean much because he only played against "inferior" players.

Are you telling me that if I told you that black people were inferior at a sport because of the color of their skin that that wouldn't be racist?

I'm sorry, but telling me Babe Ruth's accomplishments didn't mean shit because he played against "inferior competition" (re: all white guys) is racist.

What does saying Bonds is taking steroids have to do with race?

MLB ERA

Then this conversation is over, you aparently love to argue in almost every thread, whether or not if it has anything to do with the origination of the thread.

Call me a racist if you want, I dont give a ****, this conversation is over. Keep on defending Ruth as much as you want.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I'm offended by the horrible logic, not the asterisk.
    But if that asterisk were to be placed by any one of Ken Caminiti's or Shawne Merriman's records...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast