Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Words people find offensive

MLB ERA

Re: Words people find offensive

Political Correctness, I have fought for...(insert group)... all my career, anytime politicians lips are moving Im offended at the insult to my intellegence.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Ann Coulter quotes, as brilliant as they may be:

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis... These self-obsessed women seemed genuinely unaware that 9/11 was an attack on our nation and acted as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them... I’ve never seen people enjoying their husbands’ deaths so much."- On the "Witches of East Brunswick," New Jersey
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Merry Christmas

(this doesn't offend me, but it has offended others)
    I hate people like that. Seriously, if anyone is offended by that, they should **** off and get over themselves. I have Jewish friends who wish me a Happy Hanukkah as that is natural to them, just like I wish them a Merry Christmas before thinking about who I am exactly saying it to as both are good nature wishes based around one's faith and is meant sincerely. The same goes for any religion with a holiday based around the core human emotions evoked like with those two holidays.

With all the terrible, heinous things that go on each and every day.... there is plenty worse than someone wishing someone else well, even if they are not of the same belief.

As for a word: Political Correctness. And whatever good that has supposedly come out of being PC, such as being sensitive to one's race/religion/disability/etc isn't being PC, that is just doing the right thing in terms of how you treat others. Bullshit PC stuff is the things that some might say that might evoke a rational person to the point of uneasy nausea.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Great point redsrbetter and mission!!!!! Couldnt have said it better myself!!!!

BRAVO!!!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    I hate people like that. Seriously, if anyone is offended by that, they should **** off and get over themselves. I have Jewish friends who wish me a Happy Hanukkah as that is natural to them, just like I wish them a Merry Christmas before thinking about who I am exactly saying it to as both are good nature wishes based around one's faith and is meant sincerely. The same goes for any religion with a holiday based around the core human emotions evoked like with those two holidays.

With all the terrible, heinous things that go on each and every day.... there is plenty worse than someone wishing someone else well, even if they are not of the same belief.

As for a word: Political Correctness. And whatever good that has supposedly come out of being PC, such as being sensitive to one's race/religion/disability/etc isn't being PC, that is just doing the right thing in terms of how you treat others. Bullshit PC stuff is the things that some might say that might evoke a rational person to the point of uneasy nausea.

Probably one of the best statements I have seen on this board since its existance. Stand up!

I actually decided not to attend my squadron's "holiday party" this year. Some were offended by it being called a Christmas party and they changed it to holiday. Now, I am not offended by the word holiday, but I am definitely pissed off at the reasoning for the change.

If you think about it, I could in turn say I am offended by it not being a Christmas party. But for some reason I would be wrong in saying that. People can take a stand against Christ all they want, but we are not allowed to stand in protest against those who challenge the Christian belief. Not that I would want to challenge anyone's belief system. But they are making themselves look bad by being offended by a word.

Mission explained it perfectly. Being PC is just some garbage term that shouldn't have to be defined. Its called being a genuine human being. If you seriously piss someone off, apologize and move on. But if you are pissed off or offended by a word, let the people who are speaking those words know that you don't like them. But don't make it a policy. It shouldn't have to be common practice for me not to wish my commander a Merry Christmas on account someone will get offended.

MLB ERA

Not to mention people want to change Santa Claus' "Ho Ho Ho" because it may offend women. What a crock. Some people are just not happy unless they can complain about something.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

It is time for America and the people in it to grow up and find something better to do with their time. We have become a sue happy country and look for anything little thing/opportunity to sue someone to get unearned money. This country needs to improve the morals and manners. A little more religion would help.

MLB ERA

Try telling that to those that complain the most, Brewersfan. They will become more offended.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    J.C. or G. D. it! or anything else that takes GOD's name in vain.
    Well you wouldn't like me then, I use those phrases more than I should lol
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Well, if that is your only fault, then you are ok. At least your are aware of it, maybe then you can work on NOT saying it. No one is perfect, we all have are faults, I know there are many things about myself that I work on 24/7. All anyone can ask is to practice or improve on your faults and mistakes and move on. GOD is forgiving.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post

I agree with you completley, comming from a different religion I have always wished everyone merry christmas, my best friend is catholic aswell, so I have always said it to all my family and friends without thinking twice about where religion or ethnicity that person is. Even at work this past week, after some of my customers are done eating and about to leave wished me merry christmas.

MLB ERA

GF83 is offended by *
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    GF83 is offended by *
    Nice one.

Two of my best friends are Jehovah's Witnesses. You can't say ANYTHING regarding any holiday. Can't say anything along the lines of "good luck" or "get well soon" either. Not saying that I dislike them or their religion, it's just like walking on glass any time you try to have a conversation with them because she's sooooo easily offended, even if you don't mean it. One of them is much more easy-going about it than the other, but even still I always gotta watch what I say. Which is something that I should do a little more of anyways...

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    GF83 is offended by *
    I find it just as offensive as you do when I like to put an * next to Ruth, Aaron, Perry and Cobb.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast