Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grand Theft Auto 4 (Trailer 3)

MLB ERA

Re: Grand Theft Auto 4 (Trailer 3)

I bumped the thread because I'm excited that the game is coming out in less than 10 days.

What does that have to do with your condescending attitude towards others in regards to your viewpoint of the game and the storylines?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What do you care about my condescending attitude scaring others away? It's obvious nobody else cares about my viewpoint and I've admitted it and I'm ready to move on.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    is it gonna come out on 360? id hate to have to buy a ps3 just to play gta, if i had my sanitation job right now i probably would though, but even if its not coming out on 360 til later on, id have to wait til april to supply myself with the ps3.
    As has been stated, it's coming out for both. The main difference being, 360 has DLC while PS3 has none. DLC means Downloadable Content, for those who don't know. I hear Microsoft paid a lot to get that.

Other cool tidbits:
    • The first official review was published by the UK's official XBox magazine, and they gave it a 10.0/10.
    • Cars have their own unique physics, and act like real cars. It's running on the RAGE engine, and on Euphoria physics, meaning each character is mapped with bones, muscle, and skin. Every character.
    • Comedy clubs in the game will feature actual comedians doing actual routines. Ricky Gervais, a UK comedian famous for his TV show "The Office" will play some part in GTA4's comedy clubs. He will perform 3 minutes of never-before heard material, as well as gags from his recent tour.
    • Also, as for the radio stations: it will have a lot of music that you know, and a lot of music that you don't. Artists both old and brand spanking new are putting songs on the soundtrack, and the game will feature a "tag" system, so that when you connect to the internet, you will be able to download the songs you liked from Amazon.
    • Heavy fire will scar – and permanently destroy – parts of the environment. It is possible to shoot through walls with powerful weapons.
    • In a police vehicle, Niko can use an in-car computer to access the criminal database and discover information about various criminals in Liberty City, possibly including himself.
    • When on foot, police will not shoot at Niko unless he has committed a serious offence. If they catch up to Niko, he will put his hands up and the player will have the option to attempt to escape before the handcuffs are slapped on. Additionally, pedestrians with cellphones can now report crimes.
    • Pedestrians are much more intelligent, realistic, and diverse, using mobile phones, cash machines, eating snacks, drinking soda, reading newspapers, scratching their noses, coughing, smoking, and interacting with each other through laughter and remarks. Homeless people will be seen in alleys rubbing their hands over a flaming barrel, sitting against walls, asking for spare change, and other expected actions. The flow of pedestrians and traffic will be different depending on the time of day. Pedestrians and motorists will often act as good Samaritans and aid characters that Niko is attacking or carjacking.
    • After the initial load sequence, there are no loading sequences during gameplay. A Rockstar spokesperson claimed, "you can basically play the game from beginning to end without a single load screen."
    • It is possible to have multiple active missions, due to the fact that some missions will run over the course of several days and will require the player to wait for further instructions, etc.
    • Stealing a parked car can no longer be done simply by opening the door and driving off. Now, it involves Niko approaching the car, breaking the glass, and hotwiring it; only then can he use it. The way Niko enters the car would look different each time depending on where and how he is in relation to the car. There will be several animation variations to sneaking up to a car and breaking its window. Because of the Euphoria engine, the way the character will approach the car will be completely random. Car damage physics have been greatly improved. When major collisions on motorbikes occur, the player's helmet is likely to fall off. Niko can lose health if he crashes. Vehicles will not explode if they are flipped over.
    • There are endless quirks to Deathmatches (and indeed many of GTA IV's multiplayer modes), not least of which is the ability to hop into a helicopter and really spice things up. Helicopter travel is brilliant - you can lean out of the side in an over-shoulder perspective and shoot *****es on the ground; the cinematic view as the chopper traverses the tangible cityscape is simply awesome.
    • Do you know how many individual sound effect files are in GTA IV?

MS: We have around four-and-a-half thousand individual sfx in the game, which are combined into around 19 thousand different combinations. That’s ignoring the insane amount of dialogue, cutscenes and radio content. Rain sounds alone take up around a third of the entire audio budget for San Andreas!
    • There will be 2 hours worth of original TV programming, inside of the game.
    • 100 hours of single-player, not including travel time between missions, getting weapons, setting up relationships so you can do the missions. They have also mentioned that there is a co-op mode in the game, completely removed from Niko's storyline. Some of the same characters will make appearances, but it will be a different storyline. Obviously not anywhere near as long, though. And then 15 different types of multiplayer, including some that are storyline driven.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    What do you care about my condescending attitude scaring others away? It's obvious nobody else cares about my viewpoint and I've admitted it and I'm ready to move on.
    I don't really care about it more so I just find it rather perturbing.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

AAA ERA

The 360 Episodic Content DLC will be 10 hours worth of gameplay.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Since I was asked for some of my thoughts on this game..

The time flexibility of missions where the enemies hold their position is great. In the final mission, if I needed to I can drive back to the weapons shop and get body armor, and The Peg's goons will still be at the hideout when I get back there.

Alas, the new engine and physics has me missing the times which I can just aim an Uzi or assault rifle, press left or right, and enemies are sprayed with bullets in one swift motion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123