Thread: Guitar

Guitar

Wondering if anyone plays. I plan on getting my first soon, prob a gibson Melody Maker or Epi Studio. Thoughts? Advice? Opinions?

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

Re: Guitar

I can't play but I really want to learn. I've always wanted to be a guitar player but I have never had the time to actually sit down and take lessons. I would love to learn how to play though.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah I play guitar. A bit too much actually. What kind of guitar were you looking for? You mentioned Gibson...they're the top of the line electric guitars. I've got a 1960 cherryburst Les Paul, and it is amazing. Extremely expensive though. But hey, if you're willing to pay for it, then by all means go ahead and get a Gibson. I guarantee you won't regret it.

The melody maker is the cheapest Gibson I believe, its only 400, but I've heard its overly stripped down. I'm thinking Epiphone Les Paul studio (prob flat black, but I won't know till I actually go pick it out) luckily my friend has a decent spare amp, so I'm covered there. I would love to have a Gibson though, maybe one day haha.

GET NOTICED.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Epiphones are decent, about an upper-middle of the line guitar. The Les Paul Studio is a nice guitar. But black? C'mon man pick out something wild! And you're all set with the amp, so you're all ready to get a guitar. Yes, everyone would love to own a Gibson, but like I said they're a bit pricey. Mine is one of my foster dad's old guitar, and for being a few years old it plays like a charm.

Hah, well my color preference is really determined by whats available. So I guess we'll see

GET NOTICED.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I dont have a guitar either. Dont know how to play one.

I love to listen to great guitarists though. I love music.

DOes playing a mean air guitar count? hahaha.... j/k.. I even gave that up, too old to do that on a regular basis now. hahaha...

MLB ERA

I've got an old guitar that I'm learning to play. It is well-tuned (done by a semiprofessional player), and recently re-strung. My advice is to get a decent one and a chord book to learn how to do the fingerings. That's what I'm doing and it works out pretty well.
    Mine is dark on the back and lighter on the face. My strap is multicolored and looks OK. It isn't the one I'd have chosen, but it came on the guitar when I got it.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon