Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yearbook Caption: Should the Yearbook be reprinted

20k is an estimated figure. (I tend to think it's accurate, as my school paid about 25k).
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    I think a formal apology would do it. The editors should be a lot more careful about captions. Like someone else said, they could have easily put 'unknown girl' if 'Black girl' was meant as a placeholder, especially in a picture full of white students. But I guess I can give the yearbook staff the benefit of a doubt and call this an honest mistake. I remember something like that happened with our high school year book, some girl was captioned as a 'ho' in one of her pictures---which I think is FAR worse---but not many people caught it, so nobody made a big deal about it.

As far as yearbook prices go, when I bought my yearbook 3 years ago, it cost me 55 bucks and it was one of the worst yearbooks the high school had ever printed. Pictures weren't arranged well, lots of empty white space, grammatical and spelling errors. The only decent part of it were the senior pictures.
    Ho is definetly much worse IMO.

Ours were good this year, but they screwed up and didn't print as much white pages at the begining and end as they were supposed to. I didn't care too much as I don't care about getting people to sign it much.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

I think the girl should get a brand new year book while everyone else gets supplement sheets with those sticky things on them to make it easy to cover up the other pages. From that and the apology I think that is more then sufficient to cover up the mistake.
    In my school our year books cost 115.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    The proper caption should have said "Blatantly uppity negro"
    I gave you a Neg rep for that. And if you got a problem with it, PM me. I'm not about to get into it here.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    The proper caption should have said "Blatantly uppity negro"
    I smell racism.

How dare you ever come out with something as absurd, ridiculous, and pathetic like this. Uppity negro? Perhaps in your area (which I'm sure is predominantly white) you're used to viewing African-Americans as people that should entertain you, AKA NBA basketball players and baseball players, serve you, selling dope on the streets, and never somebody to take their education seriously, but to come out and use the word "uppity" is straight up racist and you really need to look at yourself in the mirrior and read between the lines that we're all the same, except the color of our skin is different.

This young black woman obviously wants to destroy that stereotype, not be labeled as a loser, but actually has goals for her life. To be in that yearbook graduating w/honors in the midst of a predominantly Caucasian section is a huge accomplishment and not only does herself and her parents keep their heads up in pride, a huge population of her African-American graduating class and her underclassmen African-American minorities can look up to her as well as she sets a positive example. Let me tell you something. My own sister can take proper account in this. My sister graduated from our high school on the honor roll four straight years, finishing in the top 10% of her class. Fluke? No. It means that she has goals, defied the odds, and never let anything or anyone stop her from accomplishing these tremendous feats. In 2003, I was the first African American to walk the stage, and I took every step w/dignity and honor.

Hey Saber, I'm black. You offended me.

MLB ERA
    Your offense is based on the false assumption of yours that I am white. What ever gave you that idea?

It sounded very offensive, even if you were being sarcastic or whatever.
    My high school's year book: 55 dollars, only the senior sections were colored.
    College year book: free (for me, but I am sure it is included in the huge tuition bill).
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12