Thread: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

(For one night, OOTP didn't stand for baseball)

I went to see this movie last night in IMAX, and all I can say is WOW. Best movie of the summer so far IMO, and the best of the series so far. This one is definitely the darkest chapter in the Potter series so far and the movie didn't have as much of the magic as we're used to in previous installments, but it focused more on the psychological battles Harry's been having in his own mind. David Yates did a fantastic job putting it all together and didn't miss anything glaring from the book. The acting was great as usual - Daniel Radcliffe is really maturing before our eyes as Harry. But the biggest hype coming into this movie was for Imelda Stauton's performance as Dolores Umbridge, and she was nothing short of excellent. She portrayed Umbridge perfectly and was a great villain. Michael Gambon was also very good as Dumbledore and much better this time around than his previous 2 times. Many characters such as Hagrid and Snape didn't get the face time they deserved, but there's only so many people that can have major roles and it wasn't a big concern. A definite 4/4 stars from me and I will probably be seeing this one again soon.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Turn 2

Re: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

After reading your review Browntown just makes me want to go out and see it more, but I am sick. UGH I can't wait to see this. I have heard so much good about it and how it sticks so close to the book and I loved the book.

Saw it. Was awesome.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I saw it on Monday and I thought it was ok, mostly because I've never read any of the books and have only seen movies 1 and 2, so this movie didn't make much sense to me. Even still, it was made very well and kept my attention most of the time. Not to mention a few hot guys.

MLB ERA

Best movie I've seen is the new Die Hard movie. Harry Potter movies are not worth my money.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

have to side with draven. i haven't seen any of the past potter movies, i'll watch em all on dvd in like 10 years probably.

MLB ERA

I've seen all of the movies and have all the books (I own all the films that are available as well). This one was very good, and I would give it an unqualified endorsement. I wish they would have added a few scenes to the film, but I guess they didn't want a 3+ hour movie.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon