Thread: Pro-America "patriots" are boycotting Star Wars

MLB ERA

Pro-America "patriots" are boycotting Star Wars

http://pabaah.com/modules.php?name=N...rticle&sid=930

When will Hollywood learn? George Lucas and his intergalactic empire have now been added to our official boycott list. Sad...but necessary. A bigger Star Wars fan you'll never find...until now. Our country is at war and Lucas spouts off this crap?
    I just don't know if I can support such a terrorist like Lucas.

Guess I am not patriotic.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

AAA ERA
    I'm a patriot and a very proud conservative, but I think Star Wars Ep 3 and George Lucas are harmless. I just saw the movie last night, and if you (or Lucas for that matter) try to draw any parallels between Ep 3 and the War on Terror, you totally reaching. Any chance the Left gets to take a shot at Bush, the're going to take no matter how much of a stretch it is or foolish it makes them look.

I enjoyed Ep 3 very much.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Any chance the Left gets to take a shot at Bush, the're going to take no matter how much of a stretch it is or foolish it makes them look..
    Exactly!

Oh well, no matter to me. I like Lucas' films. I don't go to his films because I dig his personality or his silly political beliefs.

MLB ERA
    I could film freaking grass growing and theyd find someway to bash bush because of it. Id hate to see what they would do if they didnt have Bush to bash because it would get ugly.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

What a buncha shit.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I'm amazed how you can read what I posted, and say the Left were the one's reaching.. To me, this is a huge reach on the side of the right, looking for something as trivial as Star Wars to "protest".. IMO, you have issues if you boycott products produced by people who voted for the other idiot and not your's. Jeez. Grow up.

I agree, it sounds like some people are just out to ***** about Lucas and Star Wars. This whole Bush comparsion to the politics in the prequels is nothing new and other than this article I've not seen Lucas where Lucas has ever mentioned it. I'm not saying he hasn't, but I haven't seen it so far. But even if he did I don't care. Like it or not there is some consistencies there and the basic plot was written nearly 30 years ago. So unless Lucas has a time machine it has nothing to do with Bush.

Why is "b*tch" edited and not "shit?" I could really care less if curse words are edited but that is funny.

Rookie ERA
    Anyone seen the new Star Wars based anti-Frist commercial? Too silly to be taken seriously regardless of your political preference.

Almost as silly and the BK commercial where Vader and the Burger King are staring each other down, breathing heavy at each other.

MLB ERA
    I'm a patriot and a very proud conservative, but I think Star Wars Ep 3 and George Lucas are harmless. I just saw the movie last night, and if you (or Lucas for that matter) try to draw any parallels between Ep 3 and the War on Terror, you totally reaching. Any chance the Left gets to take a shot at Bush, the're going to take no matter how much of a stretch it is or foolish it makes them look.

I enjoyed Ep 3 very much.
    Wow, are you my clone? That is exactly how I feel.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    I could film freaking grass growing and theyd find someway to bash bush because of it. Id hate to see what they would do if they didnt have Bush to bash because it would get ugly.
    Well I speak for myself and I'm sure plenty of others when I say that it's just Bush that I hate not just any Joe who happens to be a right wing nut.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    I'm amazed how you can read what I posted, and say the Left were the one's reaching.. To me, this is a huge reach on the side of the right, looking for something as trivial as Star Wars to "protest".. IMO, you have issues if you boycott products produced by people who voted for the other idiot and not your's. Jeez. Grow up.
    I don't think you want to criticize the Right for "Trivial Protesting". That's the pot calling the kettle black. Thing is: when you feel strongly enough about something, you'll let people know about it weather or not they want to hear it, and regardless of how pointless it seems to everyone else in America. (see: PETA, DNC, MoveOn.org) In this wonderful country we have the right to boycott and protest what ever we want.

I don't know where it's written that you can only boycott products and companies that share the same political party as you, but I'll take your word for it.

MLB ERA
    I don't think you want to criticize the Right for "Trivial Protesting".
    You're probably right.

I'll be charged for Treason and deported to Africa.