Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chris Benoit: Dead?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Chris Benoit: Dead?

ESPN has the same story as well...told ya, foul play!

oh, and I like how it says WWE aired a 3 hour tribute to Benoit...terrible gesture if he did indeed murder his family.

Turn 2

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post

oh, and I like how it says WWE aired a 3 hour tribute to Benoit...terrible gesture if he did indeed murder his family.

I was thinking the same thing as I heard that there was a possibilty in that he murdered his family. And think about the the WWE superstars that talked about what a great family man Benoit was on that show last night. Chavo Guerrero seemed to talk for at least 10 minutes on the subject. Not good, if it is determined he did do such a terrible thing.

MLB ERA

Talk about a "whoops"

MLB ERA

Not all the details are known yet, even if he was the one who did it, it shouldn't take away the great career he had, its very sad that he made this mistake and couldn't live with himself for doing it but you still have to remember the man for what he was and what he meant to people close to him and his family.

that's my opinion, if people lost all respect for him I can understand that but some people right now are just thinking of theories without any real fact behind them. I'm going to wait for the details to be released.

One last note from me, even with the tribute show replays getting pulled, I would still like to see a match dedicated to Chris and his family on ECW or SD, with Edge vs Booker T, or Chavo Guerrero vs Dean Malenko (one night only).
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Turn 2 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing as I heard that there was a possibilty in that he murdered his family. And think about the the WWE superstars that talked about what a great family man Benoit was on that show last night. Chavo Guerrero seemed to talk for at least 10 minutes on the subject. Not good, if it is determined he did do such a terrible thing.
    i wouldnt doubt that hed been slipping over into madness for awhile as that is not really act of a sane person. too many concussions, brain damage.

a sick act, and thats what he most likely was: sick. (do not mistake me for forgiving what he did)
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

*sigh*

I wish everyone would've just left it alone, not only is the guy gone, but now his image is tarnished because the press didn't let him rest.

MLB ERA

It all had to do the with the timing of Vince death angle

MLB ERA

edited due to new info...

MLB ERA

ESPN - Report: Wrestler Benoit killed wife, son, then self - Gen

TLANTA -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son. Steroid abuse has been linked to depression, paranoia, and aggressive behavior or angry outbursts known as "roid rage."
    wow...I could see the murders potentially being "roid rage", but hanging yourself seems like it would take a little more thought...who knows I guess...

oh yes, it says he killed them on the weekend and hung himself Monday so that was obviously thought out and either out of guilt and/or not wanting to face the consequences...

MLB ERA

Witlon and Halladay, would you guys feel the same if he didn't kill himself? If he just murdered his wife and kid?
    Personally, no I wouldn't. He made a terrible mistake, he can't take it back no matter what he did, he did the unthinkable and couldn't continue living.

If he lived, I don't know what to say.

Since there would be no way for him to forgive himself for what he did but maybe we could know the truth to why he did it and what happened before.

He would have spent the rest of his life in a prison cell and I think that's enough punishment for anyone.

I think the WWE played it completely correctly. When they heard he died, they announced it right away. They gave him a tribute, as they should for any major, active wrestler who died. McMahon, at least for one night, dropped his death angle. Once they found out (even if it was during the show) that it was a likely murder-suicide, they distanced themselves.

As for Benoit himself, if it is true (and it's looking that way) that it was a double murder-suicide, I still respect him as a wrestler, and I'm willing to believe he killed his wife in pure rage and his son in remorse and himself out of guilt...but I can't really respect him anymore. People are allowed to make mistakes, but this is way too far...still, I hope he rests in peace, as does his wife and child.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA

ESPN - Eerie Web posting foretold of Benoit wife's death - Gen

Benoit's page on Wikipedia, a reference site that allows users to add and edit information, was updated at 12:01 a.m. Monday, about 14 hours before authorities say the bodies were found. The posting, according to ABCNews.com, contained the following information:

"Chris Benoit was replaced by Johnny Nitro for the ECW Championship match at Vengeance, as Benoit was not there due to personal issues, stemming from the death of his wife Nancy."
    weird...the article says the IP address is Stamford, CT where the WWE is based...doesn't necessarily mean it was posted from there though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123