Thread: Girl's Feet Cut Off At Six Flags

MLB ERA

Girl's Feet Cut Off At Six Flags

Quote Originally Posted by RZ
    Girl's Feet Cut Off At Six Flags

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Police confirmed that a girl's feet have been cut off at Six Flags' Kentucky Kingdom.

Officials said they got the call around 5 p.m. Thursday, and both her feet were detached at the ankle.

According to MetroSafe dispatch supervisors, the girl was riding the Superman Tower of Power, which is 177 feet tall and drops riders at 54 miles per hour. According to Kentucky Kingdom, the girl was injured when the ride malfunctioned

On scene EMT personnel were on hand to immediately transport the girl to a hospital.

The ride was shut down and will remain so until a full investigation has been completed
    This was posted by RZ over at The NFL Forums.

Sad news. I love Six Flags but I've never been to Kentucky. She is only 13 years old to. Just too young for this to happen.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Re: Girl's Feet Cut Off At Six Flags

Yeah, rough story.

Imagine those standing underneath who had to see that?

I am guessing some of them may never ride a drop-ride ever again or maybe even go to an amusement park ever again.

Kings Island here in Cincy has shut down its (bigger and better...about 330 feet high) version of the ride (with some differences), Drop Zone, temporarily to make sure no potential problems exist.

And I just rode that a couple weeks ago.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It really gives you some consideration before going on one of those more intense rides (at least it does for myself.) I've been to that park maybe six or so years ago a few times (we were down in that neck of the woods for a weekend hockey tournament) and I don't believe they had that ride yet.

But that is just terrible news, I can't imagine how she must be feeling. She was probably so excited being at an amusement park and going on this big ride, only to have her life now full of many more hardships than the normal 13 year old girl ever has to go through.

Damn this sucks!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    I am guessing some of them may never ride a drop-ride ever again or maybe even go to an amusement park ever again.

Kings Island here in Cincy has shut down its (bigger and better...about 330 feet high) version of the ride (with some differences), Drop Zone, temporarily to make sure no potential problems exist.

And I just rode that a couple weeks ago.
    Hearing about that, I really would give consideration before going on Drop Zone again. Just thinking about that happening is painful. I know we hear about people occasionally dying from a coaster, often times for not properly locking themselves in, but I don't know what she could of did to have caused this.

MLB ERA

Yeah, really.

I will still go on(especially since they are inspecting it), but I will be thinking about it next time I do for sure.

I don't know what she could have been doing that could have contributed to the issue. Maybe swinging here legs back and forth or something pretty far?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

before and after the park opens/closes each day these guys go through every inch of every track, cable, etc to make sure that the ride is fit to ride. but not every machine is built to 100% efficiancy (in fact, its impossible) and its bound for this to happen. very unfortunate, but your odds are better probably getting ran over than having something major like this happen.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

I didn't wanna hear that... I was at 6 Flags in NJ a few weeks ago and went on the Kin Da'Ka which goes 450 feet in the air and drops you straight down at 126mph lol