Thread: stores that sell music record storage boxes?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

stores that sell music record storage boxes?

Does anyone know any stores that sell boxes to store records? I found a few places online, but I'd like to just walk into a store and buy one. I have frames for the 12" records and they're hanging on walls, but I have some 7" records and a 9" record, too. I don't have a ton of records, but I might get a few more and just wanted a place to store them. Thanks.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: stores that sell music record storage boxes?

Man, I don't know any of the big chains that keep that in-stock, or if they do... they certainly don't do it in my neck of the woods. Online is a good bet obviously, but I would call around to some of the smaller more specialty stores and even second-hand record stores (I've gotten a few from those at a pretty great price.)

MLB ERA

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but duh...an actual music store. I went to Guitar Center and they had them in the "DJ/PA" section. I got a case on clearance. The list price is $140 and I got it for $20. It holds 70 LPs.

Odysseygear.com

on that site it lists for $100 (the sticker that was on mine says it lists for $140)...whatever, I paid $20 for it either way

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And thus... speciality store.

That's a sweet deal though. I have two that hold 50 each that I got for $25 or $30 a piece gently used.

MLB ERA

the problem was that the specialty stores I went to were places that primarily sold music (including records). I thought I'd be able to find something there, but I never did come across one. Last night I was looking on eBay and wasn't too impressed with what the overall cost was going to be (item and shipping with insurance).

For some reason I finally thought about Guitar Center type stores. I didn't even know there was one less than 10 miles from my house (the only one in my state actually). I checked online first and saw that they carried what I was looking for. I was expecting to pay more, but they had 1 on clearance (still new). It must have been an older model that they're replacing or something.

MLB ERA

you should be able to find what youre looking for at a mom and pop place