Thread: Colin Cowherd Must Go

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Colin Cowherd Must Go

If anyone ever listens to ESPN Radio in the mornings, you know who this guy is. He is an arrogant fool who knows nothing about baseball but plays a guy who does on the radio. This man admits to never watching but a a couple of innings a game and doesn't really pay attention. Today on his show he was talking about Randy Johnson and how he his is not better than Roger Clemens. No Shit pal! Everyone could have told you that but he doesn't even thinks it's close. Whoah pal, it's somewhat close. Randy has more strike outs than Clemens despite having thrown 1000 innings less than Roger. He is also closing in on 300 wins. Cowherd also said Randy played on irrelevant teams and never came up in the clutch. Obvious he never watched the 2001 WS or knew that Randy played on 7 playoff teams. Plus Randy has a 3.50 ERA in the postseason. Cowherd also said all his success came in the inferior NL but failed to mention Randy is one of four guys to win Cy Young's in both leagues. Then he went on to say that Randy couldn't handle the NY pressure or any kind of pressure whatsoever. Again, he fails to mention that Randy was hurt while in NY throwing his mechanics off big time. Randy's first year in NY wasn't all that bad going 17-8 with a 3.79 ERA. Man he sucked dick! He was 34-19 while in NY with a bad back, knee and groin. Then this ass went on to say that Randy couldn;t handle it in the AL so he went to the NL and now look at him. Wrong again dumbass!! He is pitching well because he has a healthy back and is now throwing 97mph, something he couldn't do in pinstripes. Plus he has his mechanics back. It's not simply that the NL is inferior. The NL West has the best pitching in all of baseball and it's not because they have to face ptichers in the batter's box.

Cowherd has also gone on to say that diehard baseball fans would tell you that Nolan Ryan was better than Roger Clemens. Not a one person would tell you that on this forum and no TRUE baseball fan would either. He has also gone on to say and I quote, "If you want stats, go look at Dave Kingman". Are you ****ing kidding me??? And this guy came from Seattle!!! He also called Arod Afraud after one week into the season even though he was hitting over .300 for that week. This man clearly knows nothing about baseball and should stick to his football or should I say Michael Vick talk. He talks about four topics for four hours and never says anything new about them. He repeats the same damn things over and over and offers nothing new. Two of those hours are spent on Michael Vick. Thank god for Jim Rome coming on at 11 or else I would have one more hour of this ass talking "sports" or should I say the same thing he said in hour one. My rant is done!

MLB ERA

Re: Colin Cowherd Must Go

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    If anyone ever listens to ESPN Radio in the mornings, you know who this guy is. He is an arrogant fool who knows nothing about baseball but plays a guy who does on the radio. This man admits to never watching but a a couple of innings a game and doesn't really pay attention. Today on his show he was talking about Randy Johnson and how he his is not better than Roger Clemens. No Shit pal! Everyone could have told you that but he doesn't even thinks it's close. Whoah pal, it's somewhat close. Randy has more strike outs than Clemens despite having thrown 1000 innings less than Roger. He is also closing in on 300 wins. Cowherd also said Randy played on irrelevant teams and never came up in the clutch. Obvious he never watched the 2001 WS or knew that Randy played on 7 playoff teams. Plus Randy has a 3.50 ERA in the postseason. Cowherd also said all his success came in the inferior NL but failed to mention Randy is one of four guys to win Cy Young's in both leagues. Then he went on to say that Randy couldn't handle the NY pressure or any kind of pressure whatsoever. Again, he fails to mention that Randy was hurt while in NY throwing his mechanics off big time. Randy's first year in NY wasn't all that bad going 17-8 with a 3.79 ERA. Man he sucked dick! He was 34-19 while in NY with a bad back, knee and groin. Then this ass went on to say that Randy couldn;t handle it in the AL so he went to the NL and now look at him. Wrong again dumbass!! He is pitching well because he has a healthy back and is now throwing 97mph, something he couldn't do in pinstripes. Plus he has his mechanics back. It's not simply that the NL is inferior. The NL West has the best pitching in all of baseball and it's not because they have to face ptichers in the batter's box.

Cowherd has also gone on to say that diehard baseball fans would tell you that Nolan Ryan was better than Roger Clemens. Not a one person would tell you that on this forum and no TRUE baseball fan would either. He has also gone on to say and I quote, "If you want stats, go look at Dave Kingman". Are you ****ing kidding me??? And this guy came from Seattle!!! He also called Arod Afraud after one week into the season even though he was hitting over .300 for that week. This man clearly knows nothing about baseball and should stick to his football or should I say Michael Vick talk. He talks about four topics for four hours and never says anything new about them. He repeats the same damn things over and over and offers nothing new. Two of those hours are spent on Michael Vick. Thank god for Jim Rome coming on at 11 or else I would have one more hour of this ass talking "sports" or should I say the same thing he said in hour one. My rant is done!
    Title says it all. He even got bumped on the local time in New York for Max Kellerman. Unfortunately, after Kellerman comes Steven A. Smith, who 35% of the time has no idea whats going on. I do get Jim Rome from like 10-1 at night, so it isn't that bad. But Michael Kay after Dan Patrick after Steven A. is a stretch that is very meh. (with Michael Kay being the worst, that goddamned douchebag.)

MLB ERA

He also has said that Nolan Ryan's no-hitters were overratd/over hyped because in his career, he walked allot of batters.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    He also has said that Nolan Ryan's no-hitters were overratd/over hyped because in his career, he walked allot of batters.
    He's an idiot, why did people even bother tuning in? He's no better than that jerk wad that got canned for that line about the Rutgers girls. They get paid to be stupid. Nothing can honor a no hitter enough, cause how many pitchers can say they even have 1 let alone more than 5!!!

I listened to him once and that was for 30 minutes because I realized immediately he was a moron and questioned the point of him even being allowed to open his mouth and why ESPN is/was stupid enough to pay him for that garbage he calls radio.

Kellerman at least has some sense, for espn though thats not saying much.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Never listened to this guy, don't plan on it now. Nice rant there reefer.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    He's an idiot, why did people even bother tuning in? He's no better than that jerk wad that got canned for that line about the Rutgers guys. They get paid to be stupid. Nothing can honor a no hitter enough, cause how many pitchers can say they even have 1 let alone more than 5!!!

I listened to him once and that was for 30 minutes because I realized immediately he was a moron and questioned the point of him even being allowed to open his mouth and why ESPN is/was stupid enough to pay him for that garbage he calls radio.

Kellerman at least has some sense, for espn though thats not saying much.
    Because my ****ing local radio station is garbage, thats the only sports radio we got.

Anyways let me continue, he said that after Buhrlie's no-no, he said Maddux is a great pitcher, he has a no no-hitters, and named other pitchers Schilling(Just thought of him after today) I'm like do you even realize the significance of a no-hitter?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I have some more to rant about this cocksucker!! This guy is convinced that Roger Clemens took steroids and there is doubt in his mind. After one start over a week ago where he went 8 IP and gave up two hits at his age, he is convinced. Over one good start from the Rocket he just overreacted. He said that no one at his age can do what he did. Even when callers were bringing up the name Warrne Spahn, he just laughed it off saying that he never saw him. So ****ing what? I never saw Babe Ruth but I know he did what he did!! Even when people brought up Nolan Ryan throwing yet another no-no at the age of 44, he didn't acknowledge it. He said it wasn't the same. Wasn't the same? You're right! Clemens didn't do it!! Clemens is 2-3 with a 3.63 ERA. Not exactly his best start ever but don't tell Cowherd, the ****ing idiot!

One more for you from today's show. He said the potential sweepstakes for Arod this offseason are between the Cubs.....and the Cubs. What? Why? How? He says it the Cubs and no other team has a shot. Well the Angels have a slight shot. He says that Arod just gets it and wants to go to another big market. Why on Earth would he want to go play for a team with almost a hundred year drought from a title? How on Earth are they going to afford it? Why would he go there with Ted Lilly as your ace and a shaky bullpen? To say it's the Cubs and no one else is just plain ignorance which he shows every single time he talks baseball. I wish I could be in the booth with him and just throw full beer cans at him when he brings up this stupid shit. Arod wants to win a title. Cubs can't do that unless they have good pitching. They can't get good pitching with a team full of big contracts with the likes of Arod, Ramirez, Lee, Soriano, Lilly and even DeRosa is overpaid. That will mean no Zambrano, no anybody. Lots of teams have a better shot than the Cubs. Angels have money, SF has money and positions freed up, the ChiSox will have interest so to say the Cubs are a lock and no one else has a chnce is dumb times ten which = Colin Cowherd!!

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

i'd like him to be on the cubs, but I'd also like to be banging jessica alba every night too. i think the latter has a better shot of happening
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Tell me how Jessica is