Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everybody Loves Raymond

MLB ERA

Everybody Loves Raymond

The season ends tonight Man I really liked this show too..

AA ERA
    I am so shocked that it was the series finale. I really am. That show could have gone for the next 20 years. It was that good. The show started when I was a senior in high school. It does not seem like that show was old. It ended so soon. That show was awesome. I enjoy the characters of that show. My favorites were Mr and Mrs. Baron and Robert Baron. Those folks were the straws that stir the drink.

Ray and Debra just never seemed to appease me as characters and the actor and actress who played those roles were not that good. I never found Romano to be that funny and all. That show did good because of his supporting cast.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I wasn't a big fan of the show but I always catch the last few minutes of every series finale for the heck of it. There were a lot of shows that I wish it didn't end. Home Improvement and Married with Children to name a few.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    I am so shocked that it was the series finale. I really am. That show could have gone for the next 20 years. It was that good. The show started when I was a senior in high school. It does not seem like that show was old. It ended so soon. That show was awesome. I enjoy the characters of that show. My favorites were Mr and Mrs. Baron and Robert Baron. Those folks were the straws that stir the drink.

Ray and Debra just never seemed to appease me as characters and the actor and actress who played those roles were not that good. I never found Romano to be that funny and all. That show did good because of his supporting cast.

yea i agree, I will miss this show

MLB ERA
    I really liked the show from seasons 3 through about 7. The past 2 years have been average at best and you can really tell that Raymond doesn't seem to care for the show anymore. Even cashing those 1.5 million dollar checks every week apparently got boring for him. I haven't seen one episode this season, but from everything I've heard, it's probably the worst season yet, other than maybe the first one.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    They only had about 3 new episodes this season....... :p

All good things must come to an end. I liked the old man the best. Anyone remember that episode where he was passed out in the recliner and Ray and Robert were trying to throw Bugles into his mouth? When he woke up, he looked around, saw the Bugles and started popping them into his mouth. Dammitt, that guy always had me rolling.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    lol yea i think i remember that episode

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    I really liked the show from seasons 3 through about 7. The past 2 years have been average at best and you can really tell that Raymond doesn't seem to care for the show anymore. Even cashing those 1.5 million dollar checks every week apparently got boring for him. I haven't seen one episode this season, but from everything I've heard, it's probably the worst season yet, other than maybe the first one.
    I never thought Romano was that good period. The show did well mainly because of his supporting cast especially folks like Peter Doyle, Doris Roberts, and Brad Garrett.

MLB ERA
    well its over, Raymond got his aniods(SP) taken out, the doc told Debra, we are having troulbe waking him up, but then the nurse came in and said hes just starting to wake up.
    Robert was very worried, ready to in in there himself. Robert told Ray something like this to Ray after he got told what happned like 6(idk lol) hours after the surjey, "Ive never seen Debra so sad, and I dont want it to happen to her ever again"

This episdoe wasnt great, eh, but it wasnt bad, there were funny jokes so that is why i would say it was sort of good

good bye Everybody Loves Raymond
    you put up a good show to watch

AA ERA
    Seeing Mother Barone react was pretty hilarious when her husband told her the news.

MLB ERA
    lol yea, then she went into Rays room, and was all over him kissing him lol

MLB ERA
    I never thought Romano was that good period. The show did well mainly because of his supporting cast especially folks like Peter Doyle, Doris Roberts, and Brad Garrett.
    That's the case with a lot of great sit-coms.

Frasier is a perfect example. Frasier is nothign special, but the cast around him made that show great for years.

Cheers. While Sam and Diane (and later Rebecca) were the main characters, it was the rest of the cast that made that show an all-time classic.

I could make a list, but I'd rather not. You get the point.

AA ERA
    You should have mentioned Seinfield too, Lynch.

Fraiser was great for Cheers, but when he had his own sitcom, it was horrible. I did not like that show period. Outside of Fraiser's dad, the rest of the characters stunk. I never knew why anyone watch that show. It was boring.

Cheers rocked. The best sitcom I ever watched along with the Honeymooners, Jeffersons, and All in the Family. I thought Sam and Diane were awesome. Sam Malone was funny as he would try to get all the chicks, but get rejected by them especially Rebecca Howe. Cliff Clavin and Norm Peterson were great for laughs. The Coach was funny too. Woody was not that great at all.

Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    They only had about 3 new episodes this season....... :p

All good things must come to an end. I liked the old man the best. Anyone remember that episode where he was passed out in the recliner and Ray and Robert were trying to throw Bugles into his mouth? When he woke up, he looked around, saw the Bugles and started popping them into his mouth. Dammitt, that guy always had me rolling.
    Man I loved the father, he had some very memorable quotes. My favorite scene is when everyone is out at a restaurant and the mother notes the bread was old and stale, his response "You are what you eat"

The mother then stares at him for about 5 seconds, then says "Robert, hand your father his plate of miserable bastard"

I'm sorry to see the show go as well, but the saying in showbusiness is "Always leave them wanting more"

MLB ERA
    You should have mentioned Seinfield too, Lynch.
    I would be Seinfeld ****ing sucks! Most overrated .... show .... ever!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast