Thread: Just bought XM radio

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Just bought XM radio

Does anyone else listen to Home Plate often? I bought this on my way home from vacation. It came in handy as I was stuck parked on the side of the interstate for 2 days due to blizzards.

Anyhow, I am new to the XM world and was wondering what you guys think about it. Any outstanding daily shows or anything I should look into, let me know.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I've had Sirius for almost 3 years now, and it's the best investment I've made in a long time. I'm sure you'll love XM all the same, because of the baseball coverage, but the music channels(IMO) leave something to desired.

Definately something that everyone needs to consider doing if you can afford it, good stuff either way.

MLB ERA
    Good stuff Redsr, I want to get one, but I'm waiting, I heard that XM and Sirus joined forces or something, anyways keep me updated on how it is, also is there a monthly charge for it? Oh if you can anyway search for "Kevin Weeler" and listen to him, check it out, he's one of my favorite radio guy, I believe he's working for a station in St Luis last time he emailed me. Good luck with your radio!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Thanks guys,

Yep it is a $12.95 per month subscription.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I have gone to buyt XM several times, but just can;t get myself to do it. I wanted it just for the baseball games. I also heard that the music channels are much better on sirus as well. I also heard they are merging too. ANother reason why I am waiting. I have goe to Best Buy several times and they push sirus too, cause they like the music channles better too. But I am getting old and listen more and more to talk radio and sports now. I am interested in your feelings about XM, keep me posted!

MLB ERA
    I just think it's really a waste unless you listen to a lot of channels during the day.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Can you take yours out of the car? I think if I was going to do it, I would get a portable player so I could listen to it in my room.

It's me... Gene Parmesan
    Rookie ERA
    I have XM and I really like it. Right now I only listen in my car, but I'm planning to get one of the boombox things once I get a chance. I don't really listen to the music that much b/c it isn't that great, but I listen to sports talk radio all the time. It has come in really handy on some long trips that I've taken and its nice for just the 5 min drive to school.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...bedard2006.jpg

TSSL - Houston Astros
    TPSL - Chicago White Sox

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I just get tired of commercials and DJ's talking all the time on the music channels. And commercials on all the channels. I understand there may be some, but just not so many!!! that is why i get so frustrated with the radio.

MLB ERA
    I don't listen to the radio that often. I just listen to my CDs. However, I'm not in the car that often. I only live about a 1 or 2 from the main gate to the base and about 3 mins to the office.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

i usually have CD's in the car, but the type of music that I listen to most of the time needs to be played loud to appreciate it and my 4 year old isn't quit ready for that just yet.

MLB ERA
    I've been on Sirius since about 2 months after it came out... bought the lifetime subscription at that time for I think $299 and have never had a monthy charge all these years later... I love it and cannot do without it now
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DravenX View Post
    I don't listen to the radio that often. I just listen to my CDs. However, I'm not in the car that often. I only live about a 1 or 2 from the main gate to the base and about 3 mins to the office.
    Yeah, I generally never listen to talk radio except for 1 show that I really like. If I had a long commute or something it would totally be worth it though.