Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom Teeth

MLB ERA

Wisdom Teeth

Well today was the big day for me to get my wisdom teeth pulled. My appt was at 2:30pm EST on base. I wasn't nervous but I didn't want to go through the pain afterwards. I had 4 to get pulled. I am now awake. The last thing I remember was I was watching them put the IV in my arm and they put the oxygen tubes in my nose. They laid me back and that is the last thing I remember. My wife said they put me in a wheelchair and took me home. She said I woke up and tried to say something but I don't remember. I guess it went pretty smooth. The wife said it took about 45 mins. My top 2 haver already penetrated but the bottom 2 have not.

It's 8:15pm EST and I feel a little weird but pretty good. I missed most the the Braves game on ESPN so I'm watching it right now on MLB.TV.

Just thought I would let you guys know how I'm doing.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    They put you out to get your wisdom teeth removed?

I was awake for mine.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Yeah they did. I was out for about 3 hours or so.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I was out for mine...I didn't feel great that day but the next day I was perfectly fine and eating chicken. It was the most overrated thing in the world to me.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    i got mine done last year. i was awake but knocked out for mine, got em done early in the morning and ended up waking up about 12 hours later with my gums still bleeding and my jaw pretty much stitched shut. i went to work 3 days later with my gums still bleeding and in horrendus pain. i think i ended up going through 2 perscriptions of pain pills. thats probably why i've got an adiction lol.

i'm now missing a good chunk of gum on my upper right jaw, and for a while the jaw bone was exposed. i have some nerve damage done to where sometimes my jaw will be in sharp pain when i eat food. its probably the worst thing to ever happen to me because the aftermath is the worst. and try not to get addicited to the pain pills, its almost as bad as alcoholism.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Yeah, my gums on the bottom is still bleeding a little but over all it's not bad. I just got some pain pills about 30 mins ago I think. I feel a little drowsy now.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    I was out for mine...I didn't feel great that day but the next day I was perfectly fine and eating chicken. It was the most overrated thing in the world to me.
    Agreed. It wasn't particularly enjoyable but I couldn't believe some of the reactions my friends had to the experience. You get knocked out, stay on big-time pain medication and have to deal with quite a bit of bleeding and soreness... it wasn't all that bad. Of course I guess it might depend on the skill of your dentist.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I'm a freak...they did x-rays when I had braces in 5th grade and told me I had no wisdom teeth to grow in I guess I don't have any wisdom?

MLB ERA
    ...or maybe you just don't have any teeth?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    no, I do...I've never had a cavity either. I had a dentist appointment last week and finally after 27 years I'll have to get a tiny little white filling because I'm starting to get some decay on the 2nd to last tooth on top left side...in between the teeth. It was the smallest gray spot on the x-rays and it doesn't even bother me, but it requires a filling.

MLB ERA
    Nice, I've never had a cavity either which is strange because I eat a lot. I don't gain any weight from that either which is pretty strange. With the wisdom teeth though, it was somewhat painful for a day, but it was a great excuse to have lots and lots of chocolate milkshakes.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I had my wisdom teeth pulled several years ago. I was sedated for an hour while they yanked all four of them out. I'm the first one in my family to ever have theirs pulled so I feel special.

I couldn't eat anything for a couple days. It was strictly yogurt and sliced foods. I looked like a ****ing chipmunk after I got out of there. It took me two weeks to fully recover.

MLB ERA
    I had my wisdom teeth pulled around November, I was put asleep, woke up 2 hours later, the bleeding was pretty bad for me and I was sore. For pain pills I had T3's, best thing in world for major pain. I also had some crowns put in too.

I'm the worse when it comes to taking care of teeth and I hate the dentist a lot, my top teeth are terrible, got my bottom teeth fixed but the price for that was I'm now missing two back teeth on the bottom on both sides so its hard to crew and I had to get used to crewing nearing the front more.

Getting my top teeth fixed soon though.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    i puked up lots of blood the day i got them taken out, i was still hopped up on all the meds the day after and it sucked that i took my ACT's that day. still scored a 26 despite being doped up.

and yes i looked like a freakin chipmunk for a few days.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Well I've had 4 cavities all at the same time. It been about 10 years since than though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast