Thread: Nice to Have Electricity Back

MLB ERA

Nice to Have Electricity Back

Our power went out on Saturday at about 2 PM and was restored last night at about 9. We were unable to leave our home for a hotel or local shelter due to some "special needs" pets -- a diabetic dog that requires insulin twice a day and an elderly cat that has had several strokes. The temperature when I left for work yesterday was 42 in the house and we were unable to rest, due to the cold.
    We have a temporary patch to a power line in a town about 20 miles South of here, and I hope it remains to avoid such a "pleasant" experience in the future.
    I have some respect for those who supply us with our power that I didn't have before, and thank a lot of people in my community for assisting those less fortunate than we are.
    We're currently under a winter storm watch until 6 PM tomorrow, but this one has more snow and wind than ice like the last one had. We should be OK with this storm.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    That sucks. I believe we are about to get hit with a storm, but it's usually never that bad.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."