Thread: Might Get A New Job

MLB ERA

Might Get A New Job

I put in for retraining a couple of weeks ago and I had two e-mails waiting for me when I got to work last night. One was to inform me which AFSC's (Air Force Specialty Code) I was qualified for. The second was letters, forms, etc that I need to fill out and complete to start the retraining process.

I am applying for the following jobs.
    5J0X1 - PARALEGAL
    Tech School: Maxwell AFB, AL
    School Length: 43 days

2E6X2 - COMM CABLE SYS
    Tech School: Keesler AFB, MS
    School Length: 36 days
    &
    Tech School: Sheppard AFB, TX
    School Length: 55 days

3A0X1 - INFORMATION MGT
    School Length: 37 days

3S0X1 - PERSONNEL
    School Length: 29 days

I don't think I really care about Personnel too much. It's pretty much a boring job also. I'm not sure how long the process works but the sooner I get the ball rolling the sooner I leave to get trained in a new field. I'm looking at within a year time frame or so.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Good luck

MLB ERA
    I couldn't believe it when I saw the e-mail. I applied back in September but I guess somehow it got deleted and I re-submitted it about a week ago and I get a response pretty quickly. I can't stand my job now. Well technilly I'm a Supply troop working in an Intel Sq. They moved me from Supply into a stupid and worthless position. I was working 8hr shifts Monday thru Friday like most people. Now I'm working 12hr shifts on some kind of panama schedule. I dealing with equipment I have never seen or ever worked with. One thing I can't stand about the AF is how many stupid people we have in the upper ranks. A lot of officers I have encoutered have no common sense.

I'm just looking forward to leaving this base and area. VA is getting old. The only good thing about this place is that I can attend Richmond Braves games every year. It's about a 45 min drive to The Diamond.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Rookie ERA
    Awesome dude. Good luck to ya.