Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What new CDs are you looking forward to?

MLB ERA
    when's POD, Evanescence and Linkin Park supposed to come out with a new album?

And of course i'm getting the new SOAD

Quote Originally Posted by Killah Sith
    That would be who I am talking about. I don't think it's ever going to come out, though last I heard it was back on but that's been a while ago.
    Zack isn't involved in Audioslave...I hope I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    when's POD, Evanescence and Linkin Park supposed to come out with a new album?
    /dies

MLB ERA
    Haha.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Optimist
    /dies
    Oh my God! I listen to music that's "shoved down my throat" by "the man"!

I must be brainwashed...

Oh my God! I listen to music that's "shoved down my throat" by "the man"!

I must be brainwashed...
    I would have to be, to listen to that mainstream crap. With cookie cutter lyrics, and not even attempts to play there instruments.

I think Maynard had a terrific quote about this (not exact) "Bands like Linkin Biscuit, shouldn't even be in the billboard top 100. They should be in something else, like best advertising scheme, along with McDonalds chicken nuggets."

MLB ERA
    Just ignore Cardinal Optimist.

He's a 12 year old Emo ***** who is yet to go through puberty.

MLB ERA
    let me take this moment to ruffle a few feathers.

I despise music politics with a passion. It really bothers me when people hate a music band or singer simply because they, heaven forbid, carry a label. On the same note, it also bothers me when people only listen to a band that carries a label (although I don't know if that ever actually happens intentionally)

Anyways, I can give a rat's ass if i'm the only one that likes a band or if everybody and their mother likes the band.
    I could give a rats ass who they're signed with or if they're independant.
    I could give a rats ass if a band "changes its style" 500,000 times over...as long as the music sounds good all 500,000 times, different styles and all.
    I could give a rats ass if the lyrics are "cookie cutter" (whatever that means)

The bottom line is, I don't give 2 shits about all the behind the scenes politics, if the music sounds great to me, i'll listen to it. It just so happens that, despite the fact that they sold their souls to the devils known as record companies, and therefore proceed to somehow get shoved down my throat via radio stations I never listen to, Linkin Park, Evanescence, P.O.D. sound great to me.
    I also listen to some indy bands such as Cowboy Mouth, but it just so happens that I don't go out of my way to search for music bands, so by chance I happen to listen to more of the widespread music with more coverage....which is what happens when a band signs with a label.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Just ignore Cardinal Optimist.

He's a 12 year old Emo ***** who is yet to go through puberty.
    I enjoy your ranting and raving in every thread. Aren't you the one who has stirred up trouble constantly over the past board? It's quite funny that you find yourself above me, yet you stir up trouble on a message board.

You calling me an "emo *****" (OH NO NOT THE ASTRICKS OF DOOM!) Is really intimidating to me!

let me take this moment to ruffle a few feathers.

I despise music politics with a passion. It really bothers me when people hate a music band or singer simply because they, heaven forbid, carry a label. On the same note, it also bothers me when people only listen to a band that carries a label (although I don't know if that ever actually happens intentionally)

Anyways, I can give a rat's ass if i'm the only one that likes a band or if everybody and their mother likes the band.
    I could give a rats ass who they're signed with or if they're independant.
    I could give a rats ass if a band "changes its style" 500,000 times over...as long as the music sounds good all 500,000 times, different styles and all.
    I could give a rats ass if the lyrics are "cookie cutter" (whatever that means)

The bottom line is, I don't give 2 shits about all the behind the scenes politics, if the music sounds great to me, i'll listen to it. It just so happens that, despite the fact that they sold their souls to the devils known as record companies, and therefore proceed to somehow get shoved down my throat via radio stations I never listen to, Linkin Park, Evanescence, P.O.D. sound great to me.
    I also listen to some indy bands such as Cowboy Mouth, but it just so happens that I don't go out of my way to search for music bands, so by chance I happen to listen to more of the widespread music with more coverage....which is what happens when a band signs with a label.
    This is actually true: I apoligize for giving you shit about your music, I went out of my way to make a comment about something i didn't like.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Optimist
    I enjoy your ranting and raving in every thread. Aren't you the one who has stirred up trouble constantly over the past board? It's quite funny that you find yourself above me, yet you stir up trouble on a message board.

You calling me an "emo *****" (OH NO NOT THE ASTRICKS OF DOOM!) Is really intimidating to me!
    It's because I AM above you.

AA ERA
    I think most of the bands I like are done realeasing CDs .

Whenever Switchfoot puts out another album that will rock.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    I feel ya.

All the rock groups I listen to are all dead or past their prime.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    It's because I AM above you.
    Please, try your gangsta act on somebody else.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I don't wanna get into the whole music debate thing...I could care less if anyone likes what I like, but some of the stuff you guys like...I just couldn't listen to. Everyone's entitled to listen to and like whatever they wanna like, but for me...I can't listen to something that the artist(s) didn't even make...a lot of the stuff out there on the radio isn't written or produced by the people playing it. I just can't listen to something if I don't respect the artist, on top of the fact that I think the majority of it sounds like crap.

Cookie cutter means that they follow a formula that has been known to get the sales. The "artist(s)" say "screw my artistic integrity, let's just do this because so and so did it and they sold records" How can you respect that? They're just trying to get a buck off you and they aren't even expressing themselves or trying to get anything across with their music.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule; you'll find a couple good bands on the radio, but for the most part it's just a package they're selling you and they don't even care about what they're doing as long as it sells. There are plenty of artists out there that are on all sort of labels both major and small that at least write their own music and work their butts off instead of hiring someone else to make something for them...

Like I said, I'm not trying to start an arguement or anything. Everyone is free to like what they want...but just because it sells, doesn't mean it's good...by that logic, because something doesn't sell, that would mean it's not good when in fact it very well could be. Many of the radio stations are owned by the same companies and so are the labels and they pay them to play stuff and you're just not going to hear some stuff on the radio because that's just the way it is...

ok, end rant/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast