Thread: Rick James Wikipedia Page Vadalized

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Rick James Wikipedia Page Vadalized

Nothing too bad, but someone has obviously been watching reruns of Chappelle's Show.

With Young on board, the Mynah Birds returned to Motown to record an album, but their manager pocketed the advance money the label had given the band. The band fired their manager, who in turn told the label that James was AWOL. Motown told him to give himself up to the FBI, to which James replied, "Cocaine's a hell of a drug;" and the Mynah Birds' album was shelved.
    The group recorded an album for Lion Records in Los Angeles in March 1972, but by that summer they had disbanded. Cocaine, it seems, was a hell of a drug.
    During this time, he guest-starred on an episode of The A-Team entitled Cocaine is a Hell of a Drug, where he played himself and performed at a prison concert singing "Super Freak"; Isaac Hayes also guest starred in this episode.
    I don't know, normally I would find this pretty hilarious, but it just seems to be in bad taste considering the man just died within the past few years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_james

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    A coroner's report released September 16, 2004 officially ruled his death as accidental, reporting nine drugs found in James' bloodstream:

"Toxicology revealed the presence of the following drugs,
    Alprazolam (Xanax),
    Diazepam (Valium),
    Bupropion (Wellbutrin),
    Citalopram (Celexa),
    Hydrocodone (Vicodin),
    Digoxin,
    Chlorpheniramine,
    methamphetamine, and
    cocaine (one hell of a drug)

The report went on to state that "[n]one of the drugs or drug combinations were found to be at levels that were life threatening in and of themselves. Except for cocaine, which as we all know, is a hell of a drug."

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    In 1993, James was convicted of assaulting two women, with the first assault during one of his cocaine binges. In 1991, he and future wife Tanya Hijazi were accused of holding 24-year old Frances Alley hostage for up to six days (accounts vary on how long she was actually held), tying her up, forcing her to perform sexual acts, and burning her legs and abdomen with a hot crack pipe during a week long cocaine binge.
    Unfortunately, that really did happen.

MLB ERA
    Unity!
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]