Thread: Moon & Mars

ERA
    Call NASA

Moon & Mars

NASA will return to the moon by 2020 and build a permanent base by 2024. The base will be at the moon's south pole because it is sunlit three-quarters of the time. Solar energy can be used. The plan is for crews to eventually stay on the moon for periods of 6 months. It will be an international effort, with Europe, Russia and Japan. The mission goal is to set the stage for going to Mars. In 1980, I thought we would be on Mars in my lifetime. It will probably not happen. Space exploration is long term. It involves the whole human species. It may be the 22nd century before men walk on Mars.

ASTRONOMY http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=2

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Colyer
    NASA will return to the moon by 2020 and build a permanent base by 2024. The base will be at the moon's south pole because it is sunlit three-quarters of the time. Solar energy can be used. The plan is for crews to eventually stay on the moon for periods of 6 months. It will be an international effort, with Europe, Russia and Japan. The mission goal is to set the stage for going to Mars. In 1980, I thought we would be on Mars in my lifetime. It will probably not happen. Space exploration is long term. It involves the whole human species. It may be the 22nd century before men walk on Mars.

ASTRONOMY http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=2
    Warp 4 #1... Engage.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    It'll be insteresting when/if it ever happens. Someday, man may actually step foot on the moon, rather than just some Hollywood-like studio someplace in a restricted area in Nevada that looks like the moon.