Thread: Best website hosting

MLB ERA

Best website hosting

I would like to get a site up maybe with the wifes approval. I just don't know what hosting company is the best for the money. It will be mainly for a gaming community if that helps.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    domain name = godaddy.com
    webhosting = 1and1.com

//edit 1and1 has some of the cheapest but no CPanel. thats all i can remember off the top of my head, besides the companies i worked with, which have since then gone under. if you can find one with CPanel that would be great, CPanel helps phenomanaly
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Astros and a Beer AstrosAnonymous's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    domain name = godaddy.com
    webhosting = 1and1.com

//edit 1and1 has some of the cheapest but no CPanel. thats all i can remember off the top of my head, besides the companies i worked with, which have since then gone under. if you can find one with CPanel that would be great, CPanel helps phenomanaly
    No and no. Go Daddy is alright, but I much prefer NameCheap.com with my experience, I have around 20 domains registered there, and never a probleb, yet Go Daddy has horrible support, and it is a hassle to use when transfering domain names.

As for 1and1.com, never use them for anything. Cheap usually means bad. I've heard many horror stories from them, and not having a CPanel is just wrong. I've used http://surpasshosting.com/, they had great support and good prices. They have been around awhile, and I don't expect them to fail anytime soon.

MLB ERA
    i've used both before and no problems, but thats because i knew what i was doing (i've worked in "the buiz" lol) but its been like 2 years since then so i don't really know whats what anymore
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Astros and a Beer AstrosAnonymous's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    i've used both before and no problems, but thats because i knew what i was doing (i've worked in "the buiz" lol) but its been like 2 years since then so i don't really know whats what anymore
    I use Go Daddy aswell, because alot of the domain names I purchase are registered there. I've been doing domaining and websites for about 3 years now. I visit NamePros.com, and almost everyone there can tell you their bad experiences with 1and1.

MLB ERA
    Someone that works with me uses GoDaddy and he hasn't had too many problems.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I've used GoDaddy for both of my personal domains and I've never had any problems with them.