Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: America needs a Republican Congress

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    You don't hear about Germans, Japanese, or South Koreans trying to kill U.S. troops after the war.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    What I am saying is that as long as we are there, they have no incentive to defend their country. If we immediately leave, then we will leave them totally unprepared to defend themselves against insurgents and the country will probably fall into a civil war.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    You don't hear about Germans, Japanese, or South Koreans trying to kill U.S. troops after the war.
    In WWII and Korea there WERE casulties after the 'surrender' or end of the war...
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    You did in Germany immediately after WW2, by insurgents that were part of the Nazi power base. Sound familiar?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    What I am saying is that as long as we are there, they have no incentive to defend their country. If we immediately leave, then we will leave them totally unprepared to defend themselves against insurgents and the country will probably fall into a civil war.
    Not true at all. Articles written by the soldiers are saying that when we DO leave the Iraqis will give up in certain areas of Iraq. We have over 100,000 trained Iraq soldiers. Neither way is pretty but if we did our part, we have nothing to be ashamed of, well nothing more to be ahsamed of.

Yes we will have bases there after the peace is restored in 2078 when we are all dead.

The death tolls after WW2 and Korea not near what they are now, since we aren't in a war right Dave?

MLB ERA
    I do not believe they were as high. You are correct. But that was a time where the mentality of war (held by the enemy) was not all that different from ours. But when those post-war casualties DID happen, they were also not attributed to the war itself. Those were attributed to the peace-keeping mission, as these are now.

I think we WOULD have something to be ashamed of if we left and Iraq went to complte hell in a handbasket. That would be DISGRACEFUL on our part to leave them at the mercy of the terrorist insurgents.
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    I think we WOULD have something to be ashamed of if we left and Iraq went to complte hell in a handbasket. That would be DISGRACEFUL on our part to leave them at the mercy of the terrorist insurgents.
    I agree with that 100% but if we did our part and trained these guys and thought they had a better than adequate defense but then they decided to quit after we leave which the soldiers are saying , can that be our fault? We will have military there and if they decide to quit, that puts our bases in serious risk. Its one big cluster ****.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345