Thread: Wireless mouses?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wireless mouses?

I just got so fed up with the mouse that I have right now (wired optical mouse from Microsoft) that I threw it and it broke. The right button wouldn't click anymore and the pointer wouldn't move straight according to how I moved the mouse, so I'm stuck using the laptop touchpad for now. I'm going to have to go get a new mouse tomorrow before the NFL games start. Anyone have a wireless mouse or have used one? Are these worth it? Should I get one of those or would I be better off staying with a regular wired one? Are batteries usually good? Input appreciated!

I have one for my laptop (ironically, from Microsoft). Really, it's not that bad. It's required one AA battery so far, although I have switched between two used ones. The receiver which goes into a USB port was annoyingly touchy for me too. However, so it's for a laptop and you'll likely be using it in non-optimal situations, it's probably worth it. I like mine, certainly not without it's problems, but it works well enough.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    I always had trouble with a Microsoft wireless mouse I used to have. Some times, it wouldn't respond or there would be a delay. But now, I've gotten so used to the touchpad that I don't need a mouse anymore unless I am playing a game.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Went with a wireless optical one for $19.99 plus tax. We'll see how long it lasts.

MLB ERA
    I've got a wireless optical from Microsoft for my laptop. I've had it for 10 months, replaced the battery 2 or 3 times, and besides a short delay when I first plug it into the USB port I haven't had any problems with it.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    wireless are good for laptops but thats about it. i don't really like the feel of them because they'll lock up on me.

i have a logitech mx310 and i've had it for 3 years now. this thing is a hauss and hasn't broke yet. and very cheap.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    I hate wireless mice. I've had two and neither impressed me. For my laptop, I use the touchpad for all my mousing now. Sometimes I'll plug in a USB wired mouse, but not often.

MLB ERA
    I've gone away from the mouse completely.... addicted to the track-ball.... I find it easier on the wrist and faster to use
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wireless mouse died on me during the early NFL games. I tried reinstalling the software, changing batteries, relinking the USB, etc. Nothing worked, so I took it back to Future Shop and exchanged it for a regular Microsoft wired mouse. I would advise against wireless; didn't even last a month.

MLB ERA
    That's interesting. I've been using mine for almost almost a year now without any problems. Well, whatever works best for you.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Should have listened to me.

Rookie ERA
    I bought a Dynex wireless mouse and keyboard a while back. The mouse gave up on me not long afterwards. I had to go back to the wired one, which irked me.

But, on the plus side, the keyboard works great.

Never owned a lappy, so I can't comment on that.
    "I ♥ NY."

-John Rocker

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The wireless mouse that I bought was Dynex too, Crow. Piece of shit mouse, it ended up being. I switched to a Microsoft wired, can't complain so far.