Thread: What a way to spend a day

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What a way to spend a day

Last night, while working on my business law essay, I check my email at 12:30 which is rare as I usually avoid checking after 10 PM. And what do I see, an email from GameStop/EB in regards to a pre-order notification list for the PS3 that I signed up months ago that pre-orders will happen in store.... today. Wow. I browsed the net and was quite excited when others confirmed this. I go to bed around 3 AM as I was trying to finish this essay and I was so tired I forgot to set an alarm. But thankfully some asshole wrecked into something in the alley (I am not for sure what) and I awoke early enough to head down to my GameStop of not even 2.0 miles from my house in 65 degree weather to earn the title of number four (of eight) to earn hopefully a PS3. Obviously shipments could be cut and I would end up screwed, but being in the first half makes me feel much better and gives me one less thing to worry about. If I didn't have fall break, I would of never been up working on a paper nor would I've been able to go to pre-order (without cutting.)

Oh happy day.... whether I keep it or sell it, either way.

MLB ERA
    That's cool man. I never sign-up for pre-orders. I always wait until the item is released or wait for a price drop. With the PS3, I will be waiting for a price drop.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    I say sell it, make a few bucks for the trouble.

MLB ERA
    You'll be lucky as hell if you get a PS3. 8 consoles shipping to each store, $100 deposit doesn't guarantee you a system, and store employees can take 2 of those 8. Good luck though. Sell the **** out of that thing if you get it.

Yeah, I tend to agree with McKain and Saber. I mean a PS3 at Christmas would be nice, but get that thing, and even with a minor profit (for Christmas time), you could get another PS3 when it becomes more abundant with the basic return (and less glitch riddled, you know it will be) and get a Wii (since you have a 360), or whatever the **** you want with the profit.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    store employees can take 2 of those 8.
    The Joys of being a store employee.... Too bad I dont have $599 dollars.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)